I was so shocked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was so shocked

To accidently run across this forum while looking up info on lacrisert. I had no idea dry eyes was such a wide spread problem!

Hello, my name is Cindie and I have one of the worst cases of dry eyes ever. I have been to 4 different doctors. Two are optomatrists and two are opthomalogists. I have just been precibed Lacrisert and this is the 3rd day of using it. It does help some but I have discovered that I need to remove it from my eyes before going to bed or else I am in some serious pain when I wake and open my eyes. I have also been prescribed a mild steroid eye drop short term and am supposed to do the warm compresses and baby shampoo two times a day. I have been through 3 years of various plugs that either hurt my eyes or won't stay in long enough to get me out of the doctors office. It's been very discouraging. One never can know how miserable dry eyes can be until one has the problem.

I will probably be more of a lurker for now,,just reading and learning.

Hi,

I'd never heard of Lacriserts until I read it here........VERY interesting! Gonna chace up my eye doc and see if I can get them (UK).

Ian.
    [always on the look out for a new dry eye solution]

Comment

Working...
    X