Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello

hello all,
    I have recently decided to join the web forum to benefit myself and others. My problems started this november, during the end of my first semester at college. College was great up to this point, I was going out, meeting people, playing intrumerals, and studying a lot. Second semester came around any I noticed my eyes were feeling a little bit irritated. The condition slowly progressed until I had a constant feeling of eyelashes scratching my eyes. I also developed a lot of eyelid twitching at this point along with eyelash loss. I thought to myself that it would go away like most problems I have, but it never did. Finally, in mid March I went to an opthomologist who said I had blepharitis. I was put on tobradex for 3 weeks and told to come back if the condition didn't go away. After 3 weeks, I felt some relief but was still very very far from "normal." I scheduled another appointment with an opthomologist who said he saw "very mild dry eye; could simply be genetics," and wasn't really happy with the diagnoses of blepharitis. He put me on alrex and said he would be suprised if the condition didn't clear up because my eyes looked fairly good. The alrex drops did not help at all and I began to think I possible had an allergy to something, specefically dust. I got tested for allergies 2 weeks later by a very reputable allergiest and everything came up negative: dogs, cats, mold, mites, etc...

By this point, I was going home about every weekend to a doctor and couldn't even enjoy my college experience. My eyes hurt so bad I couldn't even stand to hold eye contact. I am a very social person but this condition has made my friends wonder why I am staying at home so much.

Anyway, school finally ended and I got home from summer break and headed back to the doctor who recommended alrex. He prescribed azasite which seemed to help a lot with the surface irritation I was experiencing "eyelashes scratching my eyes." However, I still have a lot of pain when I try to relax my eyes, look up, or move my eyes around. Does anyone have any suggestions on what this could be? My best description of the pain im experiencing would be sand under my eyelids.

I started my treatment for blepharitis/dry eye/whatever it may be middle of march. Since then I have been doing lid scrubs, warm compress, and lid messages 4 times a day. While I know I have made some progess in my eye pain, I have a very long long long way to go. Is it a matter of time or am I possible missing some cause?

The only time my eyes feel normal are about 5 minutes right after a warm compress. Does this provide any hints.

Thanks and im looking forward to hopefully healthy eyes for all of us,
    Aaron

Im sorry Aaron. I know how you feel and wish I had an answer for you. My dry eye started in college too and it made me completely miserable.

Have you ever though of punctal plugs for dry eye? They helped me out a lot.

Comment

Working...
    X