Hello to everyone...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello to everyone...

I found this site five weeks ago but was too terrified to believe that the agony I was experiencing then could in anyway last longer then a couple of days. As the time wore on and with my insinstance that my Lasik surgeon DO SOMETHING about the agony I am now at a managable position where I believe that their is light at the end of the tunnel.

i would love if you guys could take the time to read m,y story and give me any tips, help or advice, and even better, tell me when I wake up tomorrow it will all be just a bad dream! Let me just say at the outset that I believe alot of my agony could have been prevented if my surgeon had steped in, instead freinds searched the internet for me and I was able to make demands from my surgeon.

I had Lasik on 29th April on one eye only (someone up there was looking out for me on that one!). It was confirmed a success the next morning. Four days later after putting my head on the pillow I felt a slicing pain, like my bottom eye lashes were turned nside out or that there were thorns in my eyes. Of course this happened on a Saturday. Monday morning I was seen by a female surgeon who said my cornea looked angry and balmed it on some soap and water that had accidently splashed into my eye while washing my hands. i now longer believe that as that happend Sat. morning and it stung mildly for 5 seconds only.

I saw my lasik surgeon two days later for a follow up and sad the cornea was a little angry loooking but not to bad...carry on with the artifical tears.....
    pain was one day on one day of, I put up with it as I thought this was part of the healing process.

Over the weekend I was in agony having had 4 beers on the Saturday ( I ddin't yet know about the whole diet thing) and arrived in the the Monday morning in tears again. Was told by the female surgeon (my Lasik guy has Mondays off) that the cornea still neede to heal but it looked so much better then last Monday, she told me to use Muro ointment. Trust me it didn't feel it. Two days later met my Lasik surgeon again who said cornea looked great and it was "just dry eyes" (I hadn't yet realised what that meant). I had two good days and then five bad days.

Arrived in Monday morning in tears...my boss who referred me had rang through and expressed her outrage at hw I was being treated. Teh female surgeon put a Bandage contact lens in and told me I had recurring cornea erosion. I saw my Lasik surgeon on Wednesday and I was till apin free, on the Friday when I saw him he told me I didn't have RCE bt thesymptoms I described were of RCE hence the bandage. Hoverever I had a nightmare weekend...while the pain was now longer like thorns in my eye, it was aching, swollen hot feeling. When I rang in on the Tuesday my surgeon said that eyelid was sticking to the lens...hence the pain during the night, and the lens had stuck to the eyball, hence that pain. I told him I wanted plugs for my tear ducts and ristasis the next morning.

I got on tear duct blocked and the difference has been amazing. It is still not perfect but I am back in the land of the living as oppose to my own personal hell. I have not yet got the restasis as my insurance won't cover it and I can't afford it until next Tuesday. I am self employed looking after children and I had to stop working a month ago.

Today my surgeon took out the bandage contact lens. It has been in about 14 days. I am still using artifical tears like they are free...and as you all know they are not, and I have the tear plug thing in. I have also order Dwelle and Nutratear from the eye store. I am seeing an accupuncturist and chinese medicine women, but she says my body is so inflammed that she ca'treally start getting stuick in with treatment until she brings my body back to a more normal level. I am also wearing an eye patch on that eye so it has its own self contained moisture chamber. I have a humidifier in my bedroom ad am drinking flaxseed oil like it is soda. I am eating fish ony, no sugar, no meat, only friuts and veg, no bread. I had been taking 10mg of valum as sleeping had become frightening and my nightmare were waking me up, but now I am down to 2 1/2mg as my anxiety is more under control.

So my question to everyone is...what is going to happen tonight when I fall asleep without m contact lens...will my eye hold up. Right now in the mornings it does feel like it needs to be oiled, in that it is stiff etc, but after a couple of minutes of putting drops in it is good to go. Don't get me wrong it is not how it was before but I get out of bed thankful that it is another day without agony. My surgeon says if the pain continues he will refer me to Standford or UUC Davies...but I don't want the pain to return.

It is so nice to be able to communicate with others out there....I felt so lost for so long.
    Last edited by bernmee; 04-Jun-2008, 13:27. Reason: Wrong title
Working...
X