Red eyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red eyes

As someone who has suffered for red eyes for 35 yrs - I can tell you straight up - its not dry eyes that always cause this - its not any of the other diseases that exist on this site...

I truly believe that the environment in todays world - lighting, smog, stress, etc just cause some people to develop constant red eyes

My eyes are red daily and I have plugs, use rhestasis, liquigel, etc...Sure they comfort them - but if I wanted to make my eyes clear for a day - the only option I have are those OTC eye drops -

red eyes

Originally posted by tim-carroll@comcast.net View Post
    As someone who has suffered for red eyes for 35 yrs - I can tell you straight up - its not dry eyes that always cause this - its not any of the other diseases that exist on this site...

I truly believe that the environment in todays world - lighting, smog, stress, etc just cause some people to develop constant red eyes

My eyes are red daily and I have plugs, use rhestasis, liquigel, etc...Sure they comfort them - but if I wanted to make my eyes clear for a day - the only option I have are those OTC eye drops -
    I would have to agree with you. I have suffered with this for years, but I do remember one time, over 20 years ago, when I was camping along the west coast of Vancouver Island, when I noticed my eyes were almost completely cleared up after a few days spent relaxing in a smog-free, stress-free, coolish environment (with just the right humidity). I have come to realize then that the problems have more to do with external factors than whatever drop I can pour into my eyes. However, I made my eye problems worse by abusing the vasoconstrictor eyedrops for many years. I know that stress is a major factor for me - even a little stress aggravates my eyes, as does excessive heat or cold. Hot and cold triggers as well as stress are supposedly symptoms of ocular rosacea. I think many of us on here with chronic redness may have ocular rosacea, and this condition makes us extra sensitive to irritants such as smog, stress, etc.

Comment

Working...
    X