Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to your forum and have questions

Hi,
    My name is Anne. I'm fifty years old and have started having dry eyes and mouth. I had lab work done and they suspect Sjorgren's but I don't have an appointment with a doctor until June 25th.
    I've been to a Ent and an Opthlamologist who so far has not impressed me. I've been doing the artificial drops, usually genteal, which I do like, and the refresh with her recommendations, which I haven't noticed has helped. She told me to do the Genteal oinment but I quit after reading on here that they think it makes you worse.
    Anyway, I'm very discouraged right now. She gave me steroid drops and I think I had a reaction. I'm not sure if it was it or something else. I was thinking I may give them another try.
    My main problems are my job. I work in a Bakery. I am always in a freezer and near ovens. I need some kind of glasses I think for both. Any suggestions? They would have to be fog free.
    I would love to hear what make up you wear. I have quit.
    Sunscreen anyone?
    And moisturizers?
    These all inflame my eyes.
    Everything I look at seems SO expensive. Why is it bad enough that
    we have this problem but also have to pay a fortune to try anything.
    I would appreciate any suggestions and I apologize if these have been discussed and discussed over again.
    Anne

Question?

Anne,
    Do you need prescription lenses? If you don't you might try try the onion goggles sold in the dry eye shop here. Look at the top of the page on the right and click on the large blue teardrop. There are products sold that you can put on the lense to prevent fogging over. If you need only close up correction, you might try a safety goggle with reader lenses. Here is an example: http://industrialsavings.com/Merchan...ode=_v2readers

I don't wear makeup. Only a prescription sunblock. Others will chime in on this. My moisturizer is prescription also.

I also have Sjogren's Syndrome and there is a good forum for it at www.sjogrensworld.org.

Good luck to you,
    Billye

Comment

Thanks for posting, Billye.
      I guess I will have to ask the doctor about it when I finally get there.
      Thanks for your help.
      Anne

Comment

Hi,
        Welcome,
        I used to cook for a living , so I can imagine how difficult that must be.
        When I was in the kitchen I used to wear Clinique work out make up.
        Stayed put even when I sweat like a pig.
        There are quite a few threads on the topic. Look in the personal appearance section.
        Most females here have struggled with this at one time or another. I still do.
        I look for fragrance free- not unscented, it has fragrance ******g agents, the same thing as fragrance basically.
        I am allergic to quite a few things . I had a TRUE Test done at the dermatologist to help me avoid any thing that might irritate my eyes,
        Nail polish is is a big no-no for me.
        Also sunscreens with PABA.

If I only had one wish it would be for mascara that was cheap and non -irritating.

Comment

Have you tried Maybelline Great Lash? The lime green and pink one? I have all kinds of problems with moisturizers, makeup, sunscreen, eyeshadows also. They all inflame my eyes. For some reason the Maybellline mascara works. I'm not complaining.... Good luck. If anyone knows of a face sunscreen that does not burn your eyes at all, please share the good news. Thanks!

Comment

Hi,

I have given up on wearing makeup, I would be too teriified of something getting into my eyes.

I see you use the Genteal ointment, try switching to the gel for severe dry eye. It provides me with an incredible amount of relief, and is not an ointment.

As for getting more into for yourself have you tried to get hold of Dr. Robert L book on dry eye that is for sale in the dry eye store. I ordered it from my library, as yuo are right, everything does add up money wise. It will give you a great starting point for diet, stress etc. a very easy read. I am seeing a nutritionist and for me overhauling my already healthy diet to a very strict diet is one of my main ways of tackling this problem.

Omega 3 oils are supposed to be great for helping create healthy tear, and its great for hair, nails, skins and the whole body. Liquid is cheaper then capsules I believe.

Anyway good luck and keep well.

Comment

Working...
            X