No announcement yet.

RCE - I have it too! Yuck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's terrible about the job. I hope that you get another shot soon! I heard that education and the medical field are two that are growing in spite of everything, so that is hopeful.

Here is a thread that discusses doxy drops:

http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showthread.php?t=1896

I've always been curious about them.

--Liz

Comment

Thanks Liz, I hope I get another shot at a job at that hospital too! Since I got laid off, I took an on-line medical terminology class so I could get something in a hospital or doctor's office, so I hope it pays off. Yeah, hospitals are about the only safe place to work now, even though some of those are laying people off. It's scary! And I'll check out that thread! Thanks for the info! I appreciate it. Hope you are doing well! Take care!
      Doris

Comment

Just wanted to let you know that it's been 1 month now since my last erosion and all is well. I'm taking 50 mg. Doxycyclin probably until August, Omega 3 fish oil, and Dwelle or Celluvisc every hour during the day. Also, I either put Muro 128, Refresh PM or Genteal Gel ointment in at night and a patch over my bad eye so I don't suddenly open my eye and rip it open. The eye doctor told me that Doxy does bond the eyeball and will stay bonded even when I stop taking it. I hope he's right. So, so far, so good. Hope it continues. Good luck to all!

Comment

That is great news, long may it continue.

I am not an expert on this but I think I have seen on more than one occasion that it is not a good idea to use any drop that contains a preservative more than once every four hours due to the preservative, or maybe Dwelle is exempt from this 4 hour rule...I am not 100% sure about this, maybe someone else can confirm if this is the case.

bernadette

Comment

Thanks Bernmee, Question: Which drops have preservatives in it? I don't know.
            Also, I forgot to say that the doctor told me to put Muro 128 5% drops in 4 times a day and I'm putting the other drops in (Dwelle, which I'm almost out of, and Celluvisc) in my eye in between those. But let me know which ones have preservatives in them. They don't really tell you on the bottle. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X