Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More dysfunctional Meibomian glands

Hello everyone,

I've just joined this wonderful site (huge thx, Rebecca and everyone!!!!!), which I've been reading since soon after developing dry eye in Feb 2007, when I had a violent digestive system virus (so sez the family MD, tho it may have been food poisoning) that left me with multiple autoimmune-kinda symptoms besides the dry eye. Like many of you, my trips to well-regarded ophthalmologists were not particularly fruitful. One told me that things like TBUT and Meibomian gland examination were just "not necessary"...well, from her perspective, perhaps not, since she was ready to Rx Restasis (which I declined) as soon as I sat down. Oh, and while paying the bill, I got handed a well-photocopied instruction sheet for lid scrubbing with baby shampoo, which promptly went into the recycling bin.

The primary problem seems to be MGD, with intermittent photophobia, lotsa redness, lash breakage/loss, and some puckering of the lid (tho no collarettes or gunk on the lashes). No oil emerges after massage or expression, certainly no "toothpaste" or soap-bubble stuff, and no blurring of vision when the oil is supposedly released into the eye or little volcanoes on the lids. The opening of the glands on the lid are not particularly visible. I've been managing fairly well with Dr Latkany's lid regimen, Blink (Contacts formula, not Tears), doxy, Omega 3s, N-acetyl-cysteine, and a few other things. (Just tried NutraTear for 4 wks, for which I had high hopes, but it stung like crazy and increased redness.)

I have a few questions about specific topics, but I'll post those in the other forums.

Thank you all for being here. ~Argee

HI,

Welcome to the site.

http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showthread.php?t=7022

Above is an excellent thread taht deals with MGD.

I was never able to see any of those things people talk about, no white lumps, no toothpaste like stuff. However, as my MGD seems to be improving the last week, I am on Azacite drop, when I do the massages I notice that my eye seems to tear over a litte, and I believe this is the oil...very happy about this.

I'm sure we will talk again soon,

Bernadette

Comment

Hi Bernadette,

Thx for the link. The videos were terrific...and I'm glad you and others are having success with Azasite. It definitely make sense and is something I'll ask about getting. ~Argee

Comment

Working...
      X