Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member from Atlanta

Hello,

This post is to introduce myself and tell my story. I've had severe dry eye for about three years and have tried various OTC drops & sprays (I prefer Nature's Tears Spray), tranquileyes, had my ducts cauterized closed four times (they kept reopening), compresses - cold and warm, massage, accupuncture, self-hypnosis, and recently tried to get serum drops but there is a problem w/ my red blood cells breaking down during spinning (see separate post). I was fine until I moved to ATL in 2004. In 2005 I got Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever and Erlichiosis from a tick bite in Piedmont Park and that is when all my problems started. I developed Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Severe Dry Eye. Some say it is due to the smog, others the pain meds (Methadone & Lortab 3 x daily). I have a wonderful eye doctor (Michael Roach) who has tried just about everything to help me. My mom had the same dry eye problem but hers was from her eyelids not closing all the way during sleep and her doc told her to put vaseline and rounds of saran wrap over her eyes at night and incredibly that solved her issue. I am making an appt w/ my PCP to talk about my red blood cells breaking down during spinning - the pharmacy making the serum drops thought it is due to dehydration which leads me to believe that my dry eye issue may be due to the same thing. That's my story. I find it incredibly hard to work these days and am thinking w/ all my other issues trying to go out on medical leave/disability for a few months to see if it improves. I'm an accountant and work at a PC 10 hours a day during the week. Anyone have any experience w/ trying to get disability payments or time off due to dry eye? Thanks for any info and incouragement, ideas, solutions, products to try. I appreciate your help and your "ear" and know what you folks are going through and the daily struggle just to work and read we are going through!

Mark

Welcome Mark! Sorry to hear your story, but glad you found us.

Regarding the computer work: Do you have some kind of moisture chambers to help you through the day? If not, I'd start there, while you simultaneously pursue other treatments and the questions about disability/time off.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Not sure if you still read this forum, but I saw your post. I have a daughter-in-law that lives in Alpharetta with severe dry eye. What physician helped you get the autologous eyedrops and where is the pharmacy? In the Atlanta area? Any information that you might have would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Betsy

Comment

Working...
      X