Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry Eye Newbie from Florida

Hi Everyone!

Found this forum while Googling my newly diagnosed dry eye/ corneal abrasion issue. I had no idea that dry eyes are such an issue for so many people!

After finally getting the corneal abrasion on the road to recovery with Lotemax and eryrhromycin, I had the lower duct in my left eye plugged last week. I had never heard of anything like that before! WOW....what great relief I've had since. There was the teeniest discomfort for about a day and a half and now I don't notice the plug at all. And my vision is soooo much better with the extra moisture.

I do have one question tho...when I begin to wear mascara again, will removal of this makeup cause my plug to fall out???

Thanks in advance!
    Jill :-)

GLad you found this site. I went through the rounds of plugs and eventually had my punctum cauterized because the plugs would not stay in. I believe that its ok to wear mascara, I did. Just try to avoid waterproof or waxy type mascaras. Be very gentle when taking it off, I think I lost my plugs in the beginning by doing eyelid scrubs. In my case the bottom plugs would just not stay due to the size (my dr. says). Anyway, you should be fine, just be very gentle in that area, no rubbing etc.

Comment

Working...
    X