Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• very happy to have found this place

Hello!

I've been suffering from dry eye for a while now, not certain how long, but over a year.

I'm as of yet undiagnosed, but I suspect posterior bleph. I haven't been able to find a good doctor, and frankly, don't expect to. Just had my hopes destroyed yesterday after returning from a LASIK clinc to which I went in the hope that, given the fact that LASIK can induce dry eye, they'd know something about it only to be sent home with a recommendation to buy random artificial tears. I was also told that the tear film is comprised of two layers.

Given this, it's a great pleasure to find that there are people here who have knowledge and experience. I was particularly happy to find that there are posters like Rebecca who seem to really know their stuff, and not just the superficial basics, and I was also thrilled to find that she keeps up with and reports on research. Not to mention that we have dry eye experts here.

Looking forward to having my many question answered.

Originally posted by Randolph View Post
    Hello!

I've been suffering from dry eye for a while now, not certain how long, but over a year.

I'm as of yet undiagnosed, but I suspect posterior bleph. I haven't been able to find a good doctor, and frankly, don't expect to. Just had my hopes destroyed yesterday after returning from a LASIK clinc to which I went in the hope that, given the fact that LASIK can induce dry eye, they'd know something about it only to be sent home with a recommendation to buy random artificial tears. I was also told that the tear film is comprised of two layers.

Given this, it's a great pleasure to find that there are people here who have knowledge and experience. I was particularly happy to find that there are posters like Rebecca who seem to really know their stuff, and not just the superficial basics, and I was also thrilled to find that she keeps up with and reports on research. Not to mention that we have dry eye experts here.

Looking forward to having my many question answered.
    Welcome... I have posterior blepharitis pretty bad after LASIK. If you want to compare notes, let me know.

You can see my diagnosis, symptoms, treatment plan, etc. here:
    http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/blog.php?b=149

Comment

Working...
    X