Corneal erosion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corneal erosion

I was diagnosed last Friday with a corneal erosion in left eye. Ouch, very painful! Treatment was a contact bandage lens, Systane drops, antibiotic drops, and see the opthamologist back in a week. It's been a tough week. Both eyes have felt dry, gritty, blurry, and when I close my eyes I am afraid the other eye is going to stick together. Created anxiety which drove me to the doctor who put me on Xanax temporarily which has helped my nerves. Trying everything from drinking more water, using drops in both eyes, using a humidifier, taking TheraTears Omega 3 fish oil/flaxseed capsules for eyes. Doc said in a week left eye should be 80% healed. Scared that I will get home and have the existing erosion reoccur. What is the aftercare for your eye when you get the lens out and go back home?

Hi,

After the lens comes out, in the morning slowly drip preservative free drops into your eyes before opening your eyes and hope for the best!!! I know where you are...I was so terrified of what would happen after the lens was taken out, but thankfully it held up ok. Yes I did have some minor localized erosions at a later date, one being just two weeks ago, but the lens really did the trick in helping me get through the really really nasty nasty erosions that I was having every second night for three weeks, while I was trying to recover from Lasik....yuck!!

What you need to do is to find out what is causing your erosions, mine was from Lasik and dry eye, while Liz56, who posts here has hers as a result of an diferent eye condition. If yours is caused by dry eye, what type of dry eye do you have...either a lack of tears, or the tears produced are of a poor quality, the treatment plan varies according to what is causing your dry eye.

What your Dr. itelling you to do is what you need to be doing, however once you know what type of dry eye you have you can add to it.

many people use 'tranquile googles' that are for sale in the dry eye store, also some protection for when youre outside in the wind is really helpful. You say your eyes are gritty and sore this week, how were your eyes before the erosions.

This is a really good site with so much info on it, it can be a little overwhelming at first. But just keep looking around and asking questions. You can be sure that there are may people here who have been through what you are going through, and things do get better.

Good luck,

bernadette

Comment

Working...
    X