Has fish oil/Omega 3's helped your DES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has fish oil/Omega 3's helped your DES

Has fish oil/Omega 3's helped your DES symptoms? If yes, after you vote, please share in what way (e.g., decreased burning, increased tears, etc.)
    Yes
    14.04%
    No
    40.35%
    I'm not sure/the Jury is still out!
    45.61%
    Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Started taking Theratears Nutrition about a month ago, my eyes around 10 days ago started to go through a decent spell but i have felt them a little more in the last couple of days. I am only taking 2 a day though which is under the recommended dosage but i think they are possibly improving things a little.

Comment

Omega 3's

I definitely have found Omega 3's to help my dry eye. I take 1200mg twice a day (am and pm) as well as HydroEye twice a day. It's an awful lot of fish oil but I find that I can now breathe under water!

Comment

I have been taking them for 13 months and they have not helped with my dry eyes. However, recent bloodwork indicated a substantial reduction in my bad cholesterol. So I'll keep taking them just for that benefit.

Comment

Been 4 months on them. No results.

Comment

been taking omega 3 for a few weeks and my eyes feels better not great but better. In october when the wheater was really bad (cold) my eyes was so dry, and than i started taking omegs 3 and now i do not need to use eyedrops every hour (or 2) as i did in october. (And it is still cold outside)

Comment

Could those who've replied/ plan to please state (if they haven't) rop

what kind of omega 3 has helped/ not helped (ie flaxseed oil or fish oil). If you've been helped, brand and dosage together with how long it was before you noticed improvement would be really helpful. Thanks, Shell

Comment

I've been taking 3600 mg of fish oil daily for the last 18 months with no appreciable change. I'll stay on it for my cholesterol, though

Comment

I Definitely feel my eyes have improved a lot since i started TheraTears Nutrition.whether that's coincidence i don't know but i feel they help a lot.

Comment

Omegazzzzz

Yes, they seem to help tremendously......
                    Hydrate Thera Tears 4 tabs daily
                    and Barleans Total Omega 1 Tbsp daily
                    My fabulous young Philadelphia doc said (at my last visit) that she could see "the salmon jumping in my tear film !"
                    "Happiness is finally getting the splinter out"sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sanna View Post
                      been taking omega 3 for a few weeks and my eyes feels better not great but better. In october when the wheater was really bad (cold) my eyes was so dry, and than i started taking omegs 3 and now i do not need to use eyedrops every hour (or 2) as i did in october. (And it is still cold outside)
                      I am taking active care fish oil (made in Denmark) do not know if you can buy it outside of Scandinavia, but if you live in Scand. try it. I am taking 1 or 2 pills a day.

Comment

I've taken them for years now and not experienced any discernible change for the better.

However, I know that my eyes might even be a bit worse if I hadn't taken them - so I will continue to do so. They are good for cardio-vascular health anyway.

Comment

i think so. i stoped for a while and i noticed it then!
                          just keep swimming...

Comment

taking oils

I am taking different oils.
                            Flaxseed is helping and also Evening Primrose.

Comment

Fish oil no flax seed and flax oil yes

I have been on large doses of fish oil 4000mg daily for a while now and it may slowly be helping or I may just not even know that the DES would be much worse without it...who knows. I do think that I am seeing a cause and effect relationship between eating fax meal and 1 tbsp flax oil with breakfast in the morning and spontaneously making tears several times in late morning to early afternoon. Because when I don't do this, I don't notice the tears.

Comment

Working...
                              X