Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me understand.........

Hello:

My name is Louie and I live in Arizona. Almost 3 years ago I had lasik performed in one eye (my left). Thus giving me Mono Vision. I was doing great for well over a year but than I started to have problems with the left eye. It feels like something is touching my left eye by the bridge of my nose. I went back to the Lasik doctor and he told me that I should stay away from fans, etc and use Art. Tears. This did not help and I went back and he told me I had errosion syndrome. He performed a Stromal Puncture. It didn't help and he performed another one. He told me that my eye looked better, but I still had the same issue. As time went by he tried a plug because now he said that my Oil glands were not working in my left eye. That didn't help. After almost a year and many trips, I started to have aches in both eyes, plus the sensation in the left eye just kept getting worse. . It bothers me most at work with 8 hours of computer use and while driving and in the movies. As soon as the movie starts my left eye acts up. They had me try glasses but that didn't help. He actually gave up on me.

I am now seeing my 4th doctor. And he thinks that I have Dry Eye. He prescribed antibiotics and the oil glands are working better, but my left eye is still problematic. He gave me the same story as another newbie that I read here:
    "My doctor hypothesized that the change in relative eye strength led to one eye working harder than another during detail work (looking at something at a fixed distance, book, TV, computer, etc) and then headaches."

Nothing seems to help...........I have tried glasses, contacts, and plugs.........I'm going out of my mind..........every waking hour all I can think about is my eyes.................

hi Luman and welcome,

I too had lasik in my left eye only, but three days later my problems started.

Have you been told you have MGD? Have you been told to do warm compresses and lid massages/scrubs? What type of antibiotics are you taking, and the dosage? What is your facial skin like, do you have rosacae? Are you using pres. free drops, and how often?

If you are not taking Omega 3 oils then you need to start that asap. Most people on this site are taking them.

As for the "eye ache" feeling, and what I experienced is a "tickle on the inner portion of the eye" I don't know what to tell you except that I too had those problems for months after Lasik, but while I get the tickle a tiny amount, I no longer get the ache feeling.

This is a great site for help and info. Getting a great Dr. who is a real expert on dry eye is really important. Many people have searched for a long time to fond one...maybe you could find on in th e"plug a Dr" section...or you could post and ask. There is no magic pill for this, it is trial and error and finding what works for you. The tips and leads you get from others on this site will help you, just keep posting and keep looking.

There is help there for you, but you have to take charge of this and be very active in your research.

Keep well, and once again welcome.

Bernadette
    Last edited by bernmee; 09-Apr-2009, 20:03. Reason: More info

Comment

Originally posted by luman View Post
      Hello:

My name is Louie and I live in Arizona. Almost 3 years ago I had lasik performed in one eye (my left). Thus giving me Mono Vision. I was doing great for well over a year but than I started to have problems with the left eye. It feels like something is touching my left eye by the bridge of my nose. I went back to the Lasik doctor and he told me that I should stay away from fans, etc and use Art. Tears. This did not help and I went back and he told me I had errosion syndrome. He performed a Stromal Puncture. It didn't help and he performed another one. He told me that my eye looked better, but I still had the same issue. As time went by he tried a plug because now he said that my Oil glands were not working in my left eye. That didn't help. After almost a year and many trips, I started to have aches in both eyes, plus the sensation in the left eye just kept getting worse. . It bothers me most at work with 8 hours of computer use and while driving and in the movies. As soon as the movie starts my left eye acts up. They had me try glasses but that didn't help. He actually gave up on me.

I am now seeing my 4th doctor. And he thinks that I have Dry Eye. He prescribed antibiotics and the oil glands are working better, but my left eye is still problematic. He gave me the same story as another newbie that I read here:
      "My doctor hypothesized that the change in relative eye strength led to one eye working harder than another during detail work (looking at something at a fixed distance, book, TV, computer, etc) and then headaches."

Nothing seems to help...........I have tried glasses, contacts, and plugs.........I'm going out of my mind..........every waking hour all I can think about is my eyes.................
      Louie,

I relate very much to this. I had LASIK in both eyes but had a slow decline in my right eye following surgery. I started complaining about dry eye 6 months following surgery and it became very bad about 2 years following.

Sometimes I feel like it's harder to have it in just one eye but I know that's foolish. I'd rather have one good eye and one bad eye I guess.

I'm also on antibiotics (restasis too) and have seen some improvement but I can still tell my oil glands are not doing what they are supposed to do.... so sad...

Have you tried hot compresses and lid massage? By searching here or on Google you should be able to find out about it. It has not done much for me because my glands don't appear clogged, just not productive.

Check in often and you can see my treatment plan here: http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/blog.php?b=149

Best,
      Josh

Comment

Working...
      X