Thank you and question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you and question.

What a great site! Thank you. I learned more from several visits than I ever did from doctor visits.

Question--I generally sleep with an eye pillow (I now heat it up (rice filled)--feels good)before bed. It isn’t that heavy of a pillow but it does keep my eyes shut. I’ve been using Cellusiv at night, or the middle of the night, (also feels right) but this morning my eyes still seemed kind of glued shut. Could the eye pillow be a problem? Thanks!

Welcome!

You say your eyes were "glued shut"...is this a problem?

I use thick drops at night with the intention of gluing my eyes shut! In the morning, I do a warm compress followed by a lid scrub that removes any remaining gunk from the night. So maybe some Celluvisc just oozed out while you were sleeping and dried on your eyelashes, thereby "gluing" them together.

I mean, at least you know your eyes are staying shut while you're sleeping, and if you're not waking up with pain, I don't see it as a problem. I also don't see that the eye pillow would be causing this, and as long as it's comfortable, I say keep using it.

That said, conditions like blepharitis can cause you to wake up with gunk on your eyelids/lashes and feeling like your eyes are fused shut. So I guess it depends whether this is a problem (i.e. caused by blepharitis) or not (i.e. some of your eye drops oozed out and dried there).

(That was an unhelpful answer -- sorry!)
    Teri

P.S. You also need to make sure that you are keeping your eye pillow clean, like using some kind of cover and washing the cover regularly. If not, you can develop bacteria on it which may lead to something like blepharitis flaring up.

Comment

Thank you!

That is reassuring and I think you're right. It did feel different than before I used the Cellusiv.

So good to have this forum. thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      X