eye washing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eye washing

Hi - I am new to this forum but not to bleparitis and dry eye - diagnosed a year ago I have tried many ointments(antibiotic) and washes. A few weeks ago I started putting the warm compresses(rice baggies bought here) on my eyes then washing lids and using a Q-tip with baking soda and water to wash and push a little along the lids. At first I got little infections on the lower lid or little stys (sties?) but they resolved and now eyes are starting to feel better. Has anyone else experienced this?? I was at first afraid to continue - perhaps the glands were infected? but seems better now with much less redness and swelling.

Hang on in!

Hi, and welcome to the site!

I have blepharitis too, and am also doing exactly the same process at the moment, and although I didn't get the reaction you did, it definitely made my eyes worse for about a week, and I would have given up, because it obviusly aggrevated them initially, but the optician who recommended the regime said this will happen and that I'd hate him to begin with, and I must admit I did curse him initially, but now there is such an improvement, I'm very grateful to him and never miss doing this very timely and boring, but worthwhile operation! Also, I'm taking omega 3/6 oil, flaxseed oil, evening primrose oil,all combined seem to be helping. I hope things settle down and you see an improvement too. Take care.

Comment

eye washing

thank you so much Sally - how many times a day do you do the compresses and eye "squeeze". I have tried pushing with my finger and a cotton bud - not sure which is the best.

Comment

Working...
      X