New comer from China

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New comer from China

I had my Lasik in 2004 in China and sensed dry eye since then. I am now in US. Several doctors checked my eyes and said my surgery was successful. However, my coincidental dry eye symptoms don't recover with time. I get cysts in the inside of my eyelid every a few days. Some of them couldn't be removed by antibiotics. So I had a small surgery to get rid of them (in US), but that surgery made my eye conditions even worse. The wounds stung and my eye get blurr frequently. I tried doxycycline, Azasite and heat massage. None of them had lasting effects. I don't want to rely on drugs for the rest of my life. I feel I have a long way to go for my dry eye treatment, but have lost my directions.

Hi and welcome,

I am sorry to hear you are having such problems, but you are in good company here, and many of us have DE as result of surgery.

I get the impression from your post that you have a problem with evaporative tears, is this the case. Do you have a good Dr. right now? It is really important to find a Dr. who is going to work with you through this whole experience. Also, persistance with your routine is very important. It takes a log time for results to show.

i understand not wanting to be on meds for ever. i have been lucky enough not to need any regular meds since January, and I am doing ok right now, but I never imagined I would be so comfortable after so much pain. Are you taking Omega 3 olis? Most people on this site are.

Stick with it, things can get better, once you find what works for you.

Bernadette

Comment

I, too, am sorry for your pain. I had surgery on cysts on the white of my eye and that made things worse for me as well. My dry eye definitely got worse after the surgery and the burning was insatiable. I would lay in bed with ice bags for hours while my husband contended with our three children.

I noticed an ad for lacriserts at one of the many doctors I saw and asked to try them. He said no so I found another doctor, and I am glad I did.

They are wonderful for me so far. It is a little pellet that you put in the outer lower corner of your eye and it gives you tears for up to 12 hours. You may still have to add artificial tears, but the relief is amazing. It is not the most comfortable, and I never thought I could put something in my eye. I just told myself that I had to for the sake of the kids. I had to try, and I'm glad I did.

They are very helpful with evaporative dry eye which is what I have as well. They help to create a coating to hold your own tears on the eye or at least that is what the packaging says. They work for me, and I pray that they continue to.

I have temporary bottom plugs and will be getting permanent ones soon.
      I believe that will help as well, and I wear moisture goggles 24-7.

Please ask for a sample of lacriserts and give them a try. Everything treatment plan is individual, but they have really worked nice for me. I can now enjoy all the things I used to without having to worry about my next drop. I just take them out before bed to do my warm compress and eye massage.

This is not a cure; it won't open your glands or anything. It is a prescription pellet in lieu of drops.

Something to think about....

Melissa
      pianolady

Comment

Working...
      X