Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

finally a diagnosis! get blood work done!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finally a diagnosis! get blood work done!

I have had severe dry eye since December 2008. When I say severe I mean hardly no releif and I use the tears about every 10 minutes. I went to the eye doc and she wanted to do cautery as i produce no tears at all. Well, the idea of having a needle put in my eye wasnt something I wanted to experience so I decided to get a better doctor and I went to an internist and she just called me today and said the results of my bloodwork show i have a severe thyroid problem and this is robably the cause of my dry eye. She said it may be graves disease and since severe thyroid said it can be cntroled with medicene but wil have to take it the rest of my life. no big deal its better than this horrible dry eye. I wanted to share this info because if you are suffering get to a good doctor that will run some tests. An internist has extra schooling and stays abreat of all the new drugs and treatments. I am so happy. though I am still suffering I know within a few weeks there will be relief from this dry eye. God bless you all as yu deal with this terrible disease. take care!

I'm really glad to hear that you got a diagnosis. That is so important. Many of us have various issues with the thyroid on this board, so I hope that you keep us posted on how you work through your particular condition.

Thanks for sharing this!

--Liz

Comment

I think hormones play a real role in this condition. You might have your adrenals checked too as they produce your own corticosteroids...many of them and the stress we live under, well, it can/does deplete them very easily. and usually no doc will check that until you ask them.

Good luck to us all!

Comment

Working...
      X