Chronic Dry Eye Dignosis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chronic Dry Eye Dignosis

I am so glad I found this site; I was searching for answers, help, or anyone that is going through the same thing. It has helped me just by reading other posts. I didn't realize so many people have this problem. I was diagnosed in 2004 and it's been nothing but a roller coaster ride (not a fun one obviously). It makes me sad that there are so many of us and there doesn't seem to be a cure.

I acquired my dry eye problem from make-up (wish I could turn back time, but I am sure I'm not alone with that wish); I would have never ever bought that eye liner (color was raisin I will never forget it that's for sure).
    I have had several doctors' say that they have heard of that happening. What is sad is that now I am having problems once again. I have acquired allergies to all the over-the-counter eye drops for dry eyes. The ones that are way worse for me are the ones without preservatives (now isn't that crazy?) they made my eyes have black outs (not sure if that is the term). I don't know what I am going to do. I cannot seem to find a doc that specializes in dry eye (here in Chattanooga). I'm getting really scared and worried that my eyes are going to get more damaged than they already are.

If anyone could let me know if there is a natural eye drop or some other drop that is online or something. I would be most appreciative. I am using over-the-counter Refresh (I used this for 4 years and for the life of me cannot figure out why I'm allergic all of a sudden). I keep using it, my eyes are red and stinging, but the others I've tried makes it worse than this one. I've got to go back to the eye doc in the morning, I'm hoping she will listen to me this time

I wish everyone the best

Hi Missie-
    Sorry for all your problems. One thing that comes to mind that might help you is autologous serum eye drops. Eye drops made from your own blood. Several of us have tried this and gotten some measure of relief from it, although it is difficult to find a doc who can/will do this. A teaching hospital might have the facilities. That was the case for me. My insurance wouldn't pay for it and it was a 300 mile round trip for me to have this procedure done. Maybe some folks close to you geographically might help out. Lucy
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Lucy

My consultant has recommended autologous serum for me. I have had my problems for so long, conventional approaches haven't helped and the discomfort is increasingly debilitating.

Here in the UK, we rely on health care trusts (budget holders) to decide on funding particular treatments; a decision can even depend on where you live. I know that its production is very labour intensive so appreciate that it's a decision that cannot be taken lightly.

Did it take long for you to notice any benefits with the serum? I know success can vary from person to person. I'm always cautious about getting my hopes raised but until I get a letter saying `no' - I may as well look on the bright side.

Comment

Thank you Lucy

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
        Hi Missie-
        Sorry for all your problems. One thing that comes to mind that might help you is autologous serum eye drops. Eye drops made from your own blood. Several of us have tried this and gotten some measure of relief from it, although it is difficult to find a doc who can/will do this. A teaching hospital might have the facilities. That was the case for me. My insurance wouldn't pay for it and it was a 300 mile round trip for me to have this procedure done. Maybe some folks close to you geographically might help out. Lucy
        Wow it sure sounds like you have been through a lot. I will never understand insurance not paying for things especially when it helps a patient.
        Thank you for the eye drop suggestion. I just got laid off about two months ago; so one day I will check into this when I get another job.

Comment

Working...
        X