new and i have a ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new and i have a ?

I have blepharitis/ocular rosacea. I'm taking doxicilin and using metragel for mild rosacea. I sometimes use steroid drops and/or saline drops. I wash my eyes with steri-lid and/or baby shampoo.
    Here's my question: Does anyone here us eyelash growth products? I bought some Lumigan but I'm afraid to use it and my eye doc doesn't have any answers about it.
    Any experience here?

Hi Dana-
    This must be the new prescription for "growing, lush, dark lashes?"
    As the owner of a pair of Lasik dry eyes, with Sjogrens thrown in later, there is no way in heck I would go anywhere near this stuff.

From being on this board a long time, I know only too well how people want their eyes to look good, look normal and will sometimes use things that may not be in their best interest. Remember, the idea of the drug company and it's investors is to sell the product. Doctors often get free samples and incentives to push their product. They really are not held responsible for damage that may be done to your eyes, tear glands etc.

If anyone thinks this is far-fetched, think of someone on here who is messed up because of Lasik or PRK. There are quite a few of us. Most of the doctors didn't tell the whole truth and left out damaging information.
    Lucy
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

As sad as it may be most doctors are like that Lucy. I completely agree. As a kid I thought people like that could do no wrong. But the more and more I think about it the more I think yea right look at what they had to go through. And what it took to get there. That will change anyone into a different person.

From all the researching and stuff too I have come across all these terms and stuff which really exemplify those general ideas that you gave, Lucy.

Don't have them off the top of my head but they basically boil down to disease goals, symtoms, not wanting to treat more than 1 thing at a time since the insurance companies screw them over. But yea I have read articles where they talk about "this would also be in the patient's best interest". As in that's a plus and definetly not their focus. Then of course their practices are so big and if the communication isn't there something is bound to go wrong.

At the same time I think there are doctors who are the opposite of this and take into account quality of life and all of those types of things. And consequences down the road and all that type of thing. Maybe like republican and democrat? Conservative vs libral I guess, seems like it applies to doctors as well.

Then the real experts feel like you are robbing them of all their hard work. Which they are probably justified there, not sure how to work around that.

There is also this term they use which is unmet patient needs. Boy why has that one skipped the pharmaceautical companies for anterior blepharitis? Azasite is the first attempt and at 1 drop a day it does not do it. But maybe the nature of that disease is that you have to rotate meds and you can never really keep it in remission? Who knows..

Guess it all boils down to money. What's that saying "money is the root of all evil, regardless of the hippocratic oath"
      Which is it? Is it what you know or who you know? Or is it how well you convey what you know to who you know it to?

-Tim

Comment

Hi Dana,
        I also have blepharitis and rosacea. I have not heard of the product you mentioned, but I have used Latisse. ( a eyelash regrowth product)
        I actually loved it. I had lost almost all lashes on my right eye and felt very self conscious about it. I had used 1-1/2 bottles, before I lost my second bottle (dang it)
        By then ,all my lashes regrew.
        I am tempted to get another bottle, but as you know the stuff is not cheap.

I have terrible allergies, allergic to gosh near everything, almost all shampoos and soaps, fragrance, most make-up. You get the idea. Anyway I was really shocked I had no bad reaction to it. I almost think it helped my lids, but I don't have any proof of that. Maybe it was just the mental lift I got from my lashes returning.

Comment

That stuff is known to cause dry eye....all members received some info on it from Rebecca a couple of months ago. The company who makes it claims it can cause dry eye, just like those who perform lasik say it can cause dry eye. Of course they also down play now bad dry eye can be, and no one knows the pain of dry eye unless you suffer from it.

I know someone who uses it and her eye lashes look great, I wore and eye patch for 6 months post Lasik and still wear special googles, but my friend is still believing that she will be safe from dry eye. Maybe she will, maybe she won't, but my advise to you would be to start taking a good suppliment, get lots of rest, and don't trust what those companies want to sell you, they cae more about their profits then your eyes.

Bernadette

Comment

Working...
          X