Starting My Search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting My Search

Hello everyone. I didn't realize my first post belonged here and apologize for the mistake

It all started last month with foriegn body sensation in left eye. The first opth said infection and prescribed strong antibiotic. There was no relief. The next doctor said MGD and try hot compresses and lid scrubs. Another said must use Restasis and steroid and drops. He also said I will need surgery. Slow down doctor how about an explanation of cause and type of dry eye. No such luck.

My symptoms are only in left eye and it is mainly tearing and feeling of lots of fluid. This is then followed by sticky feeling until it becomes wet again

I am concerned this is a symptom of other issues and don't know what is next

I would like to know about this doctor in NY and whether he accepts new patients

I would also like to know if it is permitted to post questions on these boards as I search for information

What part of the States are you in....there are many good Dr.'s out there, and there may be one close to you.

Knowing what is causing your dry eye is important, a good Dr. willbe able to tell you and get you on a treatment plan.

Omega 3 oils must be taken, no matter what is causing your dry eye.

And yes you can ask lots of questions here, thats what the site is for.

Bernadette

Comment

I am in the Northeast and would love to find a doctor knowledgable and interested. Please provide suggestions and I will travel.

Should I be taking Omega 3, Omega 6 (flaxseed oil) or both

Thanks for the kind welcome

Comment

Dr. Latkany in New York City

nac, Dr. Latkany is located in New York City, and I think another location. He is highly regarded on this forum. Many people here know more about him than I do, but I have read his book, Dry Eye Remedy, and learned so much from it. I found this forum through that book, also. Here's a link to his office website: http://www.dryeyedoctor.com/about.html. Perhaps someone who has visited him will comment further.

best wishes, Lynda
        Last edited by magoo; 15-Jun-2009, 11:41.

Comment

Welcome... Dr. Latkany's book was most helpful to me. I loaned it out to a friend at work and haven't received it back. The foreign sensation thing is something I get off and on and I can relate. It is a pain in the neck (and eye too). The more you read in this forum, you will be amazed at the wealth of information. Hang in there! Things will get better. I have MGD and do the warm rice baggie at night (used to do this more than once a day, but things have greatly improved). I take Restasis twice a day, use Refresh Plus several times a day (used to use this every 15 minutes it seemed so this is big improvement). I use the Eyelid scrub in the morning and while in the shower, rinse eyes out with Unisol non-preservative saline solution which feels wonderful. Anyway, please ask questions of all these helpful people and you will receive all kinds of information from this wonderful group. Judy

Comment

Working...
          X