questions about single-use vials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• questions about single-use vials

i have two questions about single-use vials.

1 - is it ok to close them up again after one use, and then use up the remaining drops some hours later? i know the manufacturers say you shouldn't (because of possible litigation?) but if that's the case, then why is it possible to fit the top back on the vial? (as with Refresh Plus and Clinitas Soothe). any advice - or warning? i'm always careful to have clean hands, and once re-sealed i put the vial inside a snap-top plastic container, to keep it clean, and cool. i use the remaining drops within six hours (at the most).

2 - i'm embarrassed about all the used vials i'm accumulating! i mean, embarrassed in a Green sense - all that non-biodegradeable plastic! yet i'm determined to use non-preservative drops, so what's the alternative? and if there isn't one - does anyone have a suggestion as to a secondary use the empty vials can be put to?!

I was told by my lasik surgeon that the vials are good for 24 hours...having said that though he has said a lot of things that weren't true.

As for the "green" issue, I have thought about that but my big guilt is for all those poor little bunnies who have their eyes destroyed so that I can find some sort of relief.

B.

Comment

Originally posted by bernmee View Post
      I was told by my lasik surgeon that the vials are good for 24 hours...having said that though he has said a lot of things that weren't true. As for the "green" issue, I have thought about that but my big guilt is for all those poor little bunnies who have their eyes destroyed so that I can find some sort of relief. B.
      i've now found a few posts on this forum which suggest it's ok to re-use vials within a 24 hour period. personally i prefer a 6 to 12 hour period. has anyone here had any problems resulting from re-use?

and yes, i'm very distressed, too, about the use of rabbits in eyedrop research.

Comment

Working...
      X