My dry eyes are almost cured!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My dry eyes are almost cured!

I have been meaning to log in to list what worked for me. When I was at my lowest a couple months ago the dry eye triumphs kept me going. I feel I had the worst case. saw lots of doctors, my overall health was very good, except my eyes.
    I will try to be brief: At one point I could not go to work. Could not read and had constant pain in my eyes. It was so bad I had a friend read me the listings on the Dry Eye Talk. I could not function at all

My first step was to get some encouragement and then get a plan of attack. After researching the internet (through my friends eyes), I found many things that people said worked for them..so I decided to try them all at once. Here is the list that I do everyday and after 3 weeks I fell much better than I have in two years. Note: I have had some form of dry eyes for many many years.
    The list -- EVERYDAY I do the following:
    1- Flax seed oil - 3 teaspoons
    2- 3 capsules of fish oil
    3- Oil pulling - look it up on the internet, sounds weird but it isn't. basically it is just swishing sunflower oil in your mouth for 15-20 minutes(daily of-course)
    4- 6 - 8 glasses or water (as much as you can drink)
    5- Salads with fresh vegetables everyday!! diet is Very Very Important I have a raw vegetables diet. Lots of Brocolli, squash, carrots, raw fruits too.
    I realize not everyone can eat raw vegetables, so try steamed but eat a little raw too and slowly your body will adapt.
    6- 1 can of Sardines ( everyday of-course)
    7 - Restasis (I don't think this works but my doctor said to use it. It is outrageously expensive, as you may know). The reason why I don't think it is the restasis that has cured me..(yes cured me...!) is that I tried it for 2 months before and no positive results) but because I was so desperate I tried it again and the doctor said it can take up to 6 months to kill those inflammatory t-cells.) But after just a few weeks I felt so much better so I doubt it is the restasis...
    8- I feel this is important to:.. I told myself I was going to overcome this.. I had to make myself believe it...(Tried meditation...very good to help one remain calm and change to better thoughts).. I prayed too.
    9- Eye Drops EyeKote. I was using this but stopped. But it is quite good. I of-course use the other drops on the market but that just helps for a few minutes.
    10- I am a software programmer, I use dark sun glasses at work that have shields on them to keep out the air conditioning. (they call them moisture chambers) I feel these help alot also. Wiley has some and Panoptx. the 7eye.com has a dry eye section for people like us.
    11- There is a video on Youtube.com that gave me encouragement too. You can so a search: dry eyes

So the question for me is what is curing me of this? Is it one thing or all things, who knows. I have my guesses but can't say for sure. What I will do at some point is stop using one thing at a time and see what happens. But for now will continue and see if I can overcome it completely. Right now I am very functional . I have had dry eyes for over 20 years so to overcome it completely would be amazing. Wait one more thing that was excellent was wheatgrass. I tired this many years ago and it worked. I do not take it now because it is impractical where I am living at the moment and I felt the effects from it after about 2 years and one needs help with this asap.

I hope this will help any of you who may be discouraged. If I can get better so can you!
    Any questions just let me know.
    from ParchedPeepers.

ps. I will need to change my username ...

Have you worn contact lenses before your dry eye occurred?
    For me, it looks like whatever is wrong with my eyes (all docs told me it's not classical dry eye,) is that it's some kind of allergic reaction to contact lenses, since I've been wearing them for 11 years, and for too long each day.
    But the interesting thing is that some of the things that you list you do, definitely help me.
    What I do right now is take flaxseed oil tablets (2x - 1300mg per day), drink lots of water, and eat lots of vegetables. Those 3 things alone definitely help me a lot.
    But I was wondering whether I will ever be able to not pay attention to those things (like before) and hopefully wear my contact lenses again..
    If it's allergic reactions, then it should go away, but in what amount of time?? I've been out of them for a month and a week, but I'm going to be out of them for a while, at least half a year, and see.

Comment

Originally posted by parchedpeepers View Post
      At one point I could not go to work. Could not read and had constant pain in my eyes. It was so bad I had a friend read me the listings on the Dry Eye Talk. I could not function at all...

Right now I am very functional .
      Dear de-parched

That's so wonderful to hear. You are right, it's those success stories that help people keep going when they're at the lowest points. Thanks so much for sharing about your progress and what contributed!
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
      X