lasik dry eye from China

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lasik dry eye from China

I found this site and I have really been scared. i had my lasik 7 weeks ago and now suffering from dry eyes. The doctors always said it would go away within 6 months and they said my problem is mild. I'm 9~10 mm on scrimner and 7~8 s on TBUT. My eyes are not red, but easily tired and sore. I can hardly read. Is there anyone who got better during the 6 months' recovery time. I've seen none up to now and pretty hopeless. I'm just 18.(Sorry my English is not good)

Originally posted by zhousu View Post
    I found this site and I have really been scared. i had my lasik 7 weeks ago and now suffering from dry eyes. The doctors always said it would go away within 6 months and they said my problem is mild. I'm 9~10 mm on scrimner and 7~8 s on TBUT. My eyes are not red, but easily tired and sore. I can hardly read. Is there anyone who got better during the 6 months' recovery time. I've seen none up to now and pretty hopeless. I'm just 18.(Sorry my English is not good)
    Hello Zhousu,

Welcome to the site. Your English is very good so don't worry about that. I taught English in China and Vietnam last year, so I am a good judge of your writing skills.

I'm sorry this has happened to you. Is your doctor treating you for dry eyes? Do you have allergies? Do you sleep with your eyes partially open? These things could possibly be making your eyes worse.

I've read often that your eyes should improve with time. Your nerves need time to heal. I'm not sure if that is true. My dry eye began a year after LASIK, so I am a little different. It was caused both by LASIK and lagophthalmos (sleeping with eyes open).

Let us know what you are doing for help. Maybe we can guide you.

-LRDES

Comment

Hi there and welcome.

I think it's much too early to be worrying about this, honestly. You're only 7 weeks out. I believe the majority of people who have dryness at that stage really do find it disappearing over the following weeks/months. If you do end up being one of the unlucky few who have it lasting longer, you're in good company here and we'll help you find ways to deal with it. - I'm sorry it's affecting you so much. The Schirmer is not a good measure of severity (and it may not be accurate). I think if you are having trouble reading, it's really significant. You may want to look at the information about moisture chambers which could get you more comfortable in the short term.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

lasik dry eye

Hi there ..

Yes, lasik dry eye is very annoying and a subject that doctors don't mention when you first inquire about lasik.

I had lasik at the end of May 2009 and I'm much better, but still need drops quite frequently and can't really deal with a windy day.

Hopefully by the end of the year I'll be better. It's a slow healing process - hang in there.

Monica

PS: Do try and take an eye supplement with Omega 3's in it.

Comment

Thanks A Lot

I'm encouraged a bit seeing your words. My doctors here said it's mild and should use artificial tears. i use tear natural and another produced in Japan. i don't have the problem of

unclosed eyes during sleep or allergies, but I did have contact intolerance before the operation. I could were contacts for 3 hours. and I did the lasik because I had another

psychological problem caused by pressure of study that prevented me from wearing frame glasses (really stupid). I wanted to have my eyes plugged but the doctors said it's too early

to try it. They said my eyes were good as they used a kind of microscope to observe my eyes. i also did warm compress. I found reading difficult but using computers a lot better and

I have no trouble of opening eyes in the morning, but really afraid of air cons.

Oh, i'm going to Hong Kong to study next week and really worried about the air cons.

The situation here in China is different. here you go to large hospitals to have your eyes checked and it doesn't need an appointment.

Yes, all the information here indicate that 95 percent of the post lasik DES go away, and a very kind and famous doctor I knew said the 6 months'recovery was true. I believe him, but I tried to find someone who did recover but failed.

As for my scrmner and TBUT, they said the results were not that bad. but i really doubted it.
          Last edited by zhousu; 14-Aug-2009, 19:01.

Comment

Working...
          X