State Of Health ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State Of Health ...

Will you feel in "Dry Eye" for the form of job interview?

I think it will make me sure lose the chance of work...

But without filling it, is it illegal?

Will the employer know and understand what dry eye is? I wouldn't trust any employer to second-guess what it was because they might jump to bizarre conclusions about your ability or lack of it.

For my recent job, I `ticked the box', giving the minimum of details at the application stage but ensured that my CV & accompanying forms gave a positive impression. I got an interview and then organised myself in every way possible.

If you leave that section of the form blank, they may conclude that you are careless because you don't pay attention to detail.

Do you see dry eye as affecting your work performance? Perhaps it wouldn't make any difference to the employer whether you had dry eye or not.

As I don't know anything about Hong Kong employment law, I cannot comment on whether it is legal or not to omit it. Here in the UK, we have the Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) which has been a real benefit for people like me who hitherto would have worried about declaring this kind of thing.

Comment

Working...
    X