New multilingual forum...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ROTFL!!

While I don't necessarily see the Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca Surgical Tour of the EU being quite as romantic as my wife and I wanted ... I will certainly consider each and all of the surgeries that you mentioned

The irony about your offer/request? I am horribly visually messed up, but I have distinctly been born with a proofreader's "eye." I can spot a typo from a mile away. Life is funny, huh?

The PubMed cite is this, no?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...=pubmed_docsum

Small sample size. Questionable selection of "control group." But ... if it's safe ... not much downside.

Where are you? Maybe we should have coffee in the Ile de France? Perhaps you know a wonderful streetside cafe that does not have too much wind

We will be in arrondisement #1 from 17 July until 3 August, seeing Dr. Baudouin on 28 July.

It would be fun to say hello. You may be able to help me with my rudimentary English!

Comment

Hi,
      Congrats then!
      I'm getting married too this year... I hope.
      I guess one tries to adapt to one's messy eyes by concentrating more than most folks do... and of course using other methods to guess what's there even if we can barely see it....
      well my sight improved a lot with the sclerals but it's amazing how one can adapt one's limited possibilities to create new abilities... but then again there's always a limit.

Yes, that's the cite.

I'm too far from l'ïle de France, i live further South in Lyon...yes, I know France looks small from an American perspective but ti's actually the biggest this side of the continent. Any plans on travelling further "down" south?

Beware, people still smoke in French cafés and in most restaurants... fortunately it's sound like they're going to pass a new law forbiding it (as long as it's really inforced). Keratos is currently lobbying parlamentarians to convince them to follow the examples of our more civilised neighbours: Sweden, Ireland, Italy (well at least as far as smoking is concerned), etc.

I have to avoid that -smoke- and hay fever currently... but if you do come closer i 'd be glad to meet you both somwhere.
      Take care,
      Kakinda

Comment

I don't understand. On the map in my travel guide, Lyon is less than three inches from Paris....

I'm very fortunate. Relatively speaking, I am not the proverbial "Ugly American" traveler, although ... that may just be my own closely-held belief

Let me see.... Yep. Lyon looks beautiful. I think we should make it that way. We will be visiting my old friend in Knoeringue, across the border from Basel--an easy train ride, I'm sure.

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage ... I think . Perhaps you are waiting for a question that has not yet been asked? Hmm.

Would you like Diana and me to talk with him?

I remember about the smoke. Aaagh. I'm not quite sure what I will do about that, but ... c'est la fumée, non?

Pase un buen dia,

Neil

Comment

Hi,
          Although Kakinda (my african pseudonym, i was born there -how about that for a misplaced modifier?... well i try) is written with an a at the end, I'm a man... and I'm marrying a woman (yeah, I know it's old-fashioned in Europe nowadays!). Actually, that type of marriage is only allowed in Spain and the Netherlands, and now maybe the UK.
          I was saying I hope because to get married in France one needs so many papers and stuff that we may not be married by the end of the year...well, it wouldn't change much since my girlfriend and I have been living together for more than 7 years now... and we've been through the worse already.
          Lyon: 2 hours by TGV from Paris or about 5 hours by car.

I know, Neil, don't you worry, I've met so many Americans to realise that there are all kinds... but just for the fun of it, let a tell that I once met an American couple (very nice by the way) in Lisbon asking me if what they saw on the other side of the river was Morroco.

I'm sure Europe does produce that type of specimen too... I'd be glad to hear your own experience on that.
          take care,
          Kakinda

Comment

Originally posted by kakinda
            Hi,
            Although Kakinda (my african pseudonym, i was born there -how about that for a misplaced modifier?... well i try) is written with an a at the end, I'm a man
            No offense, but ... not anymore ... at least not to me ... and not on this forum. It's just easier this way

[Why did I assume? Yeah: maybe the -a. Plus, you seem so smart. Most men ....]
            I was saying I hope because to get married in France one needs so many papers and stuff that we may not be married by the end of the year
            This must be why you have the 32 hour work week: to allow enough time for filling out forms!

I know, Neil, don't you worry, I've met so many Americans to realise that there are all kinds... but just for the fun of it, let a tell that I once met an American couple (very nice by the way) in Lisbon asking me if what they saw on the other side of the river was Morroco.

I'm sure Europe does produce that type of specimen too... I'd be glad to hear your own experience on that.
            I don't know, Kakinda. San Diego is a big tourism city. In my experience, the stereotype of the American tourist is fairly well justified. In my travels, I've never had any reason to shrink from a European tourist, though ... there have been a few memorable tour busses full of Japanese travelers who ....

Comment

Originally posted by neil0502
              This must be why you have the 32 hour work week: to allow enough time for filling out forms!
              It's actually 35 hours Neil (as a general principle, and as most general principles it's not exactly what happens), so it's 3 hours less to cope with form's filling per week...
              Did you know that French people are amongst the most productive in the world (considering the number of hours)? well, to be honest i don't feel that productive lately but...I'm just half French (or even slightly less).
              Come to think of it, 32 hours, that's an interesting suggestion for my Government!
              Ok, maybe we should discuss this over email, I'm not sure this is dry eye related (altough working less time in front of a computer may be a good option for dry eye sufferes). So I'm sending you my private contacts by email instead.
              Take care
              K

Comment

Should I volunteer?

Hey guys --

Hi again, Neil and Kakinda, and thanks for the advice on the other thread --

I am not sure how much extra screen time my eyes can take right now, but I may yet be a resource if this condition subsides for a while.

I have the "proofreaders' eye" that Neil mentioned, and I'm also fortunate enough to be able to read French. (And Italian.) I can generally translate from those languages into English at speed.

So if you guys can help me get the eyes working, I'll happily return the favor with some quick translations...
                ---
                Blepharitis leads to MGD causes dry eye?
                Dry eye drops cause eyelid irritation exacerbating Blepharitis?

Comment

Hi Steve,

Keratos will appreaciate any help you can provide (translation is one option... have a look a the different threads on this section of the site... Sazy has helped us). Anything from a contact point to Keratos Sweden is an option... we really need to be pro-active.

Besides Neil's suggestions and mine, let's hope that you find a doc with whom you may communicate (Im not just talking about the linguistic aspects) to tackle your DE problem.
                  So keep us posted and I will send you a private email to suggest some things you can help us with... later on.

take good care and "play safe" as much as possible (a wise man once said We have to fix things because they break. The things we use to fix the broken things ... also break us. ... he also said something like treating DES as a form of art - right Neil? I can certainly relate to that).

I understand that you don't travel as much by spaceship since you got DES, right?
                  K

Comment

Working...
                  X