Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Sunday Post"

Hi all,

Just had a call from the medical reporter for the The Sunday Post (Scotland)........they are doing a piece on Dry Eyes and wanted a wee interview with me.

I also pointed the reporter to this website and also gave her David Crystal's phone/web address..........the more our problem gets exposure the better!

Ian.

Nice work Ian!

Comment

IanJ..........
      Way to go! If they interview you in person, have some of your dry eye paraphenalia to show them. ie. Lots of bottles of drops you've used, goggles, masks, etc. If this is a phone interview, this won't help though.

If it's in person, they really get an idea of just what it is you're going through.

Lucy
      Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

...great job!
        Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Nice going Ian!!!
          Rebecca Petris
          The Dry Eye Foundation
          dryeyefoundation.org
          800-484-0244

Comment

That's great Ian!!

Last week I wrote a mail to a healthprogram in Norway called "Puls," and I told them a bit about dry eyes and problems caused by it, and that this desease needs a lot more attention. So let's hope they will find it interesting and will make a story about it...

Toril

Comment

Fair skin, genes and dry eye

Toril,
              I have also had an email from the reporter. She is interested in possible links between nordic genes, fair skin and dry eyes. I am fair skinned.
              Bruce
              Occupation - Optimistologist

Comment

...really??? What reporter? The one Ian has been in contact with? Well, I have a typical Nordic skin and green eyes,..and well...autoimmune deseases as well (I have heard something about those being more common in the Nordic countries than other places). You can ask the reporter to contact me if you want,..if she is interested in talking with me...or I can get in contact with her if you can give me her e-mail.

Toril

Comment

Tori,
                  Yes. You can find her email in the topic "publicity " in the open forum.
                  Bruce

Originally posted by Toril
                  ...really??? What reporter? The one Ian has been in contact with? Well, I have a typical Nordic skin and green eyes,..and well...autoimmune deseases as well (I have heard something about those being more common in the Nordic countries than other places). You can ask the reporter to contact me if you want,..if she is interested in talking with me...or I can get in contact with her if you can give me her e-mail.

Toril

Comment

Here's the Sunday Post article:-

Comment

Ian!!

This is awesome. I want to get copies of this as I am trying to get a similar piece run here in Maine. And we get to "meet" you, taped eyes and all.

Great, great piece and very effective.

Natalie

Comment

Good

Ian,
                        Good to see this, obviously the laser problem made a better story than spontaneous dry eye. I wonder how many more people out there we don't know about with minor dry eye problems after surgery - maybe a lot of people have it and just accept it.
                        Bruce
                        Last edited by brd888; 03-Jun-2007, 08:41.

Comment

Hi,

I notice also another eye article in the same paper....about floater/flashes and retinal detachments.

Ian.

Comment

floaters

Ian,
                            I have floaters - left eye only. Different experience to dry eye. They are painless and harmless but annoying. Also have no treatment! I'd rather keep them and get rid of dry eye though.
                            Cheers.
                            Bruce

Comment

Thanks IanJ for posting this article, I am so pleased that I participated in the story even if I do look like a royal pillock with my eyes taped shut. At least the visual gets a pretty clear message across.

Bruce, the reporter indicated to me that she is planning on running a series of stories so I am sure yours will be coming. Janet experienced RCE's herself as a result of changing her contact lens solution.

I do believe there will be follow up stories in following weeks.

Thanks again IanJ for the referral to the reporter, I will keep you posted if I hear anything.

I should send a copy to my laser clinic and also place referrals to it on their "help" forum.

You will see that there is a referral to all of you other wonderful people that I have met that have helped me learn to deal with this hideous syndrome.

Regards

Ian (Prattstar)
                              Last edited by prattstar; 03-Jun-2007, 11:55.

Comment

Working...
                              X