Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allergic eyes

Hi guys

I was suffering from dry eyes and I got all my ducts cauterised. Now dry eyes are ok, thanks to god.
    Can anyone please suggest a good eye drop for 'eye allergy'. I supose i have allergies from grass, dust etc. I live in Ireland so there is enough grass. My lids would be swallen and sore and sticky. Hopefully some of you can share some words of wisdome.

thank you so much
    Nicole

Originally posted by Nicole
    Hi guys

I was suffering from dry eyes and I got all my ducts cauterised. Now dry eyes are ok, thanks to god.
    Can anyone please suggest a good eye drop for 'eye allergy'. I supose i have allergies from grass, dust etc. I live in Ireland so there is enough grass. My lids would be swallen and sore and sticky. Hopefully some of you can share some words of wisdome.

thank you so much
    Nicole

hI Nicole....i probably have an allergy to something too ...but i'm gonna do a prick test just to be shure that i really have an allergy...i would suggest you to do it ..then for the "eye allergy" drop i don't know how to help you sorry! but first be shureee that you have it!

Comment

I sometimes use Similasan allergy drops. It's a homeopathic. Of course with severe allergies you may need a prescription drop such as patanol or pataday, but this helps me so I'm mentioning it anyway.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

I use Patanol or Zaditor. Actually, I find the Zaditor to work the best of the two and is available here without a prescription. I noticed my eye allergies were much worse after getting plugs. Be cautious with these drops as they do contain preservative that can damage the eyes.
        Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

I think i have allergy issues too -but with me it is a catch 22 situation
          i cant use any drops that have preservatives in them ,because i am allergic to the preservatives and all allergy drops seem to have preservatives'in them
          Why oh why do they not do preservative-free allergy drops?
          Rebecca - do those homeopathic ones contain preservatives?
          Stella

Comment

Another approach you might want to think about is to get tested to see which specific allergens you react most to. I did this recently and was surprised to learn what was affecting my eyes, asthma, congestion. This information can then become the basis for allergy shots, something I'm starting this week.

I've found Zaditor to work oke on my eyes, but to be expensive over the counter here in the states.

Comment

Hi there,

Could you let me know who you saw in Ireland?
              I am from Belfast.

Thanks,

- Seamus

Comment

i'm having a prick test this week....my eyes are often red but they don't itch me ....we will see...

Comment

Originally posted by stella
                  Rebecca - do those homeopathic ones contain preservatives?
                  Stella
                  Stella - sorry I didn't see this before. No preservative.
                  Rebecca Petris
                  The Dry Eye Foundation
                  dryeyefoundation.org
                  800-484-0244

Comment

Hi

Thanks for your kind replies. I will get the test done. any ideas where is the best place to go as my doctor doesnt seem to be too familiar with testing for allergies, never mind testing for eye allergies.

thanks

Comment

Hi,
                      i'm just back from an Hospital here in Milan...i had a Prick Test (more than 20 allergens) but all negative.....to be sure i will have a Rast Test (blood test)....but the allergist is almost sure that i have no allergies i have to admit that my eyes NEVER itch me, just burn sometimes and are red.....i think it's time for plugs now bye

Comment

Working...
                      X