mgd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mgd

I have mgd.... my question is .....I treat my mgd with doxy...plugs.....theratears..... i use warm compresses and am finding doing this causes more inflammation..... sorness ...discharge... i am thinking of replacing warm compresses with supranettes to keep my lids free of crusts etc..is this advisable...
    please help.....
    locky.

Originally posted by locky
    I have mgd.... my question is .....I treat my mgd with doxy...plugs.....theratears..... i use warm compresses and am finding doing this causes more inflammation..... sorness ...discharge... i am thinking of replacing warm compresses with supranettes to keep my lids free of crusts etc..is this advisable...
    please help.....
    locky.
    Warm compresses can backfire if you overdo it. I would make sure you're not getting them too hot, and limit it to once a day. Also, if you have rosacea check with your doctor about use of heat.

Inflammation and discharge... This does not sound good. Make sure whatever you're using on your eyes is as clean as possible. Have you seen your doctor while this is going on?

Maybe plugs are not appropriate until you get the MGD under control? Just a thought.

For lid hygiene, be careful what you use if your lids are already subject to irritation/inflammation/discharge. Personally I prefer foam lidscrubs rather than pads. Sterilid and Ocusoft PLUS are both supposed to help with blepharitis I believe.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

warm compresses

Dear rebecca,
      I use cotton pads( make up removal pads) the temp is warm not to hot i think the combo of this with message and buds (scrubs) causes my inflammation... i have done this procedure prior to the plugs with the same results....
      I am thinking of rince in morning with cold water (wash eyes out) use lid scrubs to cover my lid hygene plz advise
      many thanks locky

Comment

Originally posted by locky
        I am thinking of rince in morning with cold water (wash eyes out) use lid scrubs to cover my lid hygene
        I'd check with your doctor to be sure about what lid hygiene product is likely to be best for you. As for rinsing: Are you talking about rinsing your eyes themselves, or lids? I would use saline, not water, in your eyes.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
        X