Allergist in London area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allergist in London area?

I dont really believe that my dry eyes are allergy related....

I recall having NHS allergy test..years ago and being told that I am at the opposite end of the scale when it comes to being prone to allergies..(whatever that meant)...

However if anyone in the London area has seen an allergist (dont even know if we have such a thing?? or what qualifications they need)... I just always get the feeling that I will be told that i have a yeast overgrowth, as everyone in London seems to be told by alternative people these days. ...and are put on insanely restrictive diets.... is this under the scope of the allergist or is that food intolerance?

Anyway if anyone has any ideas in this fieldI would be grateful.

Rory, Allergists are not alternative practitioners. They're actual M.D.'s. In the U.S., an allergist/immunologist is a physician specially trained to manage and treat allergies and asthma. They're generally Internists (General Practice types) who complete at least an additional two years of study, called a fellowship, in an allergy/immunology training program.
    I'm sure you must have the same thing in the U.K.

Comment

Bmi

Rory,
      Via BMI private hospitals you can have allergy testing. Using the BMI site this service is available at The London Independent Hospital and The Blackheath hospital.
      Heres what they say
      "Allergy testing - Sometimes the immune system over reacts to a particular substance (allergen), which produces an allergy. Broadly speaking allergens fall into three groups; inhalants (things you can breath in), contactants (substances which come into contact with your skin) and foods. Symptoms can include sneezing, difficulty in breathing, hay fever, itching and contact dermatitis. All can be caused by allergic reactions to substances which in the majority of people cause no symptoms at all. Allergy testing can involve either carrying out a simple blood test or skin testing where the patient is exposed to possible allergens. Common culprits include eggs, dairy products, peanuts, dust, pollen, shellfish, pet hair and chemicals."

Cheers,
      Bruce
      Occupation - Optimistologist

Comment

ige

Dear rory....
        you can have a tear ige test to see if you have allergic eyes this is a lacrimal test and is unlikely to be a false result as it is a enzyme test..... i hope this is of help to you please ask your eye doctor to carry out this test...
        best wishes locky

Comment

Working...
        X