• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• February Update

Just an update on how I'm doing:

Eye socket pain is gone.
    Vision much improved.

OCT 2006: Dry eye investigation at Mathesons Optometrists, Petersfield, Hampshire, England UK.

He found that I have reduced tear production, Goblet glands dysfunctional and Meiobian Gland blockage, Blepharitis / Streptococci Infections. Lacerations to the eye surface and flat bits on my corneas, which pretty much describes why my vision was so crappy at the time.

Prescribed: Theratears single use drops 1 bottle daytime and 1 bottle at night, Sterilid (Mornings), and Lid-Scrubs (Evenings). Also warm compresses to release waxy deposits in the lid margins.

FEB 2007: Follow-up dry eye investigation at Mathesons Optometrists, Petersfield, Hampshire, England UK.

Much improvement in my vision, glands are coming back into use, and corneas are almost healed. Blepharitis has gone though some staph infection. There is much work to do to get back to some normality, although I'm under no illusion that this condition will NOT go away, just good honest management and good habits to maintain my vision.

Thanks all for your help, I will still be in touch and give updates.

Thanks to Advanced Vision Research for Theratears, which seems to work for me.

Footnote.

I began to run out of Theratears and tried going back to Minims single use drops and could not even bear it for one day! Aaargh! My eyes stung terribly and were so sore I went back to Theratears immediately. I won't make the same mistake twice!

All the best

Angelo (mrdibbler)

Mathesons Optometrists, Petersfield, Hampshire, UK

Hi,
    I found Matheson’s web page yesterday and thought he looked like he could help me. My experience with ophthalmologist here in Cornwall absolutely dreadful. I have been reading the DED for some weeks and surfing like mad looking for the way to go forward.

I've been given punctal plugs that have done no good at all, and that is all. I think doctors here deny there is such a thing as DE, just treat blepharitis with Fucithalmic acid; I've had it several times.

I would be so grateful if you would keep me informed about your progress with Mr. Matheson.
    Patti

Comment

Originally posted by mrdibbler View Post
      Much improvement in my vision, glands are coming back into use, and corneas are almost healed.
      Whoa - I must have missed this post at the time. That's great news! Glad to hear it.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Angelo,

This is great news and a wonderful testament of the effectiveness of a daily regimen. Good for you and good for your doctor.

D
        Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Working...
        X