castor oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• castor oil

I have read castor oil is very helpfull in combating blepharitis anyone any experience of castor oil?
    what is its concept?
    how do you apply?

locky

Read Dr Holly's threads, locky, he talks about it.
    As I recall, it was a carrier vehicle in one of the eyedrops which irritates the eyeball in some people.

Personally, I wouldn't touch it...

Comment

Works for me.

Castor Oil is the vehicle that delivers the active ingredient in Restasis. However, if you Google ‘castor oil blepharitis’, you will find that a lot of people claim that castor oil has helped their bleph. Apparently, castor oil has an amino acid that is highly anti-inflammatory, and as we all know inflammation is the root of most, if not all, dry eye.

It can’t really do any harm (I’ve heard of people putting olive oil in their eyes on this forum), they used to include castor oil in certain eye makeups to prevent irritation. I would advise you clean your eyelids immaculately, as you should be doing anyways.

I personally have starting using it by putting it on my eyelid margins at night. I must admit, it helps. The days when I put castor oil on my eyelids, the next morning my eyes are much less irritated, and they stay that way throughout the day. It might be reducing the bleph, it might not, but I do know that I do feel better.

Do some research on the net, but in my opinion, yes, it does help.

Comment

Working...
      X