Restasis & warm compresses same time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restasis & warm compresses same time

my doc put me on restasis. So, i every morning before getting up, I do warm compress and then 5 minutes after that I put Restasis into my eyes.

However, there seems to be a problem. After the warm compress, my eyes seem to produce more tears, and the Restasis works the same way. I am afraid they kind of work against each other andmy eyes can't hold too much Restasis because of the amount of tears after warm compress.

Does anybody have similar experience or suggestions?

Thanks.

Hi Hasan,

Have you thought about changing your routine a bit and keeping the two treatments further apart? Just a thought... I actually do my heat treatment as I go to bed for the first 5 or 10 minutes before sleeping, but you may do this more than once a day... Judy

Comment

Hi Judy,

Thanks for the reply.

Right now, i am on Restasis and wearing contact lenses during the day too. So it's very hard to fit in warm compresses. However, i am still doing it once before i get up and once in the evening, either right after i take off my contact lenses or before i go to bed.

BTW, i uses moist warm compress.

Good luck.

Hasan

Originally posted by Judy View Post
      Hi Hasan,

Have you thought about changing your routine a bit and keeping the two treatments further apart? Just a thought... I actually do my heat treatment as I go to bed for the first 5 or 10 minutes before sleeping, but you may do this more than once a day... Judy

Comment

Hi Hasan,
        You should think of changing your routine and maybe, as Judy suggested, keep the two things further apart.

Myself, in the morning I need to put both Restasis and Pataday. So what I do is I set the alarm 20 minutes early, wake up, put Restasis (which burns me a little bit), go back to sleep, wake up 20 minutes later and put in Pataday.

Comment

Working...
        X