This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eyewear in th UK

I'm looking into getting some eyewear for day use, but having problems finding somewhere in the UK to actually be able to try something on to ensure a good fit.

Any ideas (preferably near Milton Keynes)?

the only place I know of who sells this kind of eyewear (Wiley, actually) is Michel Guillon who has a shop in Sloane Square, London. I think he is in the dry eye yellow pages.. He has a good reputation.

Comment

Hello,

Are PanOptx (now called 7eye) glasses available in the UK? Their optical quality is really wonderful, and the removable "orbital seal" foam gasket fits great. They come in various lenses, including clear, transitions, and polarized sunglasses. They are available via the internet, including the Dry Eye Shop (see link at the top of this web page).

Also, check out high-end motorcycle shops - here in the US, Harley-Davidson shops typically carry 7eye, Wiley-X, and their own H-D brand, all with foam gaskets.

Comment

Thanks for the replies guy. Ideally would want to try on first, but may have to resort to buy & return.

Comment

Hi

I have been searching for the same thing - found this very reasonable priced website ..

http://www.uksportseyewear.co.uk

They have a few different pairs of which prescription lenses can be fitted by them too - sunglassess.

I did call Vision Express today - he found a pair in a HILCO catalogue but quoted me £150.00 !!!

These work out at about £70 ish depending on style and choice of lens.

Comment

Working...
          X