X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genteal Gel - which strength?

Hiya
    Me again !

I am wanting to try something different to Viscotears (especially for nightime/sleeping, and have noticed many people mentioning Genteal Gel - I have found a UK website shop selling them in 3 strengths - mild/moderate and severe - which one should I try???? Would the severe one be best for sleeping with? (With Viscotears my eyes still stick a little and I have to top up again on the nightly wee stop !!! Hee)

Thanks
    karen

PS: The severe one may also be the best strength for using on a flight???? is that correct? Is it thicker????

Genteal Gel: Severe (in a tube)

Hi, Karen.

I use Genteal Gel Severe formula in a tube. It is in gel form and not a gel drop form. If I were going to take a long flight on which I was planning on sleeping a lot or a little, I would use the gel (severe in a tube). There is also an ointment in a tube (called Genteal PM), but the gel works better for me. In flight, I'd also take a mask or Tranquileyes goggles to keep the air off of my eyes.

Here is a link to the various Genteal products, so that you can view them before going to the store, where, for some reason, it is hard to think!

--Liz

Comment

for some odd reason GenTeal gel started stinging like CRAZY when I put it in. So I can't use it anymore. I mean, really painful stinging. Which is too bad b/c I think it is nice to have something heavier during the night. I now just use dwelle.

Comment

I use Celluvisc at night

Comment

genteal gel

Originally posted by lboogie View Post
          for some odd reason GenTeal gel started stinging like CRAZY when I put it in. So I can't use it anymore. I mean, really painful stinging. Which is too bad b/c I think it is nice to have something heavier during the night. I now just use dwelle.
          I've experienced the same stinging with it, yet it worked very well for me at first. I don't understand why it stings now. I can no longer use it.

Comment

Stinging

I also had a problem with stinging. It tended to happen when I got close to the end of a tube. I started pitching the tubes rather early, because of that. I have tried getting near the end, pushing it all to the tip, and then opening another and letting the old one sit for a few days. Then, I tried going back to it. I also had an experience with it stinging when my eyes were really dry and sensitive. One thing that I did was that put in a bland drop first, waited about ten minutes and then put in the GG. These things worked for me, but I was determined to make it work, because I am very scared of going to sleep without it. I have not slept one night without GG for over a year, now that I think of it.

--Liz

Comment

It's strange, because Genteal Gel used to sting something awful for me---I think my lids and eyes were really inflamed during that time. I'd put it in, and it would sting so bad that it caused my eyes to start watering, which added to the pain.

I found that if I closed my eyes immediately after putting it in, I could stand it a lot better, but even then, the waves of nerve reaction would just pulse for about 5 minutes.

For some reason, I don't have that problem any more---I'm thinking because my eyes aren't as inflamed and raw to begin with.

Also some people are allergic, or at least hyper-sensitive to the methylcellulose compounds in the gels.

C

Comment

Working...
              X