This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experiences with Clinitas Soothe??

I've seen several people mention trying these drops, and wonder if anyone could post how they got on with them, whether it's good bad or indifferent.

Not the Clinitas Ultra - just the soothe.

I've had an awful lot of trouble with all eye drops in the past, even preservative free ones, so am reluctant to try without getting some other opinions.

One member mentions that they caused crusting on the eyelashes...something I already have trouble with

thanks in advance for any and every reply

Eva

Hello - interesting, I don't know these. I looked them up and a main part of the contents I believe is in the drops I use which are: Artelac ADVANCED EDO (I think that they're difficult to get in the UK) and I find them ok. I know it's not the same but in case it helps.

Think I might try some.
    just keep swimming...

Comment

Hi Eva

I've used Clinitas Soothe, and like it OK, although I actually prefer Systane. I have a Soothe sample pack that I just got for free when I ordered some different drops - if you would like to pm me with your address I can pop it in the post to you. That way you can see if it works for you before you commit to an entire box.

Lisa

Comment

thanks for the offer Lisa, but another forum member already sent me a sample to try...all I have to do now is work up the courage to try them...given the bad results I've had in the past with eye drops.

Comment

Have ordered some now as well, have this feeling I need to try something new.
          just keep swimming...

Comment

I've now got these and trying them in one eye, and using old drops in the other. They seem pretty good but I'm having an 'ok' type of week, which means next week will come to slam me against the wall and I might have another opinion then!!
            just keep swimming...

Comment

Hi

Your email made me laugh - it's how I feel all the time!

I usually try new drops in one eye at first. I also wait until life is on a fairly even keel, so if the drops don't do the job - then I don't have too many horrid things to cope with in addition to having sore eyes. (I'm good at multi-tasking but I have to draw the line at some point).

I didn't get on too well with Clinitas Soothe by the way. It irritated my lashes after a few uses.

Comment

hmmm, interesting about the lashes. I'm curious how it will go. I use a similar drop at the moment but I had this feeling that my eyes were, - ok, this will sound stupid - but after some variation. It's as if they don't want me to use the same one all the time.. ...ok, yes, that does sound nuts...

I hadn't tried the one eye test before, I think it is interesting, I can tell I'm having some symptoms in the 'other' eye that I had last week but they seem muted in the clinitas eye....I guess it's a good way to measure up, except one of my eyes is normally much worse.

ok, now i'm rambling bizarrely...
                just keep swimming...

Comment

...well...if you are nuts...I am too! :-p ....Because I change between 3-4 different drops during the day as I sort of can feel when my eyes have had enough of one kind of drop.

Comment

All this talk certainly strikes a chord!

My eyes are like a pair of awkward kids - sometimes at loggerheads, sometimes as `thick as thieves' - but always united against me.

Comment

Originally posted by irish eyes View Post
                      All this talk certainly strikes a chord!

My eyes are like a pair of awkward kids - sometimes at loggerheads, sometimes as `thick as thieves' - but always united against me.
                      Oh my Lord, does this ever strike a chord with me...a do many of the previous posts.

As so many of you say, it's awfully difficult to make judgements about treatment because every day can be so different - I get spells of a few days when I think "oh yes, this is coming under control..." then WHAM

It's also interesting that most people seem to have either one eye always worse than the other...or they alternate. I believe Dr Latkany says this is quite common.

Comment

I have just received a letter from the UK producers of Clinitas Soothe indicating that it is now available on prescription in the UK.

I guess this means rather than paying the OTC cost for 1 box you may be able to convine your GP for a prescription to cover a couple of boxes - Just a tip for my UK fellow suffers.

I get quite a few of my drops on prescription, because we tend to use more than 1 box in a month, I can generally get my GP to put 2 or 3 boxes on 1 prescription (after all this is generally what i use in a month and a prescription is generally for a months supply).

I am not sure if it has changed its status and is still available OTC or whether it has to be a prescription drug now.

Cheers

Ian

Comment

Thanks for posting this info - very useful for us UK sufferers.

My optometrist told me Clinitas Soothe is OTC (he was prepared to sell me some) but said to ask my GP whether he would prescribe it or not first to save me the money.

The fact is, GPs can decide whether to prescribe an OTC medication or not...mine also gives me Minims saline drops for example...there is some sort of official "list" of what the local NHS trust allows (based on cost i imagine)
                          so it's always worth giving a go.

Particularly worth it if, like me, you're over 60 and don't pay for your prescriptions otherwise there's probably not much difference in price.

Congratulations on being so well informed!
                          Last edited by eva b; 19-Sep-2008, 02:59. Reason: did something strange with the "quote" button...

Comment

Interesting stuff.

On using Clinitas Soothe, have noticed how when I crack open a vial of that, plus a vial of my old drop (still doing the one eye for each test) that my old drop seems to go further - which is strange given that they're both 0.5. I think Clinitas Soothe is gloopier maybe. Still it goes in very nicely, no blurring, no irritation so far.
                            just keep swimming...

Comment

Originally posted by eva b View Post
                              ..mine also gives me Minims saline drops for example...
                              I had a Minims prescriptioin after my last erosion, they were great, but do you know if they're available over the counter?

Comment

Working...
                              X