This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• possible alternative to panoptx in the UK

I spoke to someone at Michel Guillons office (the only place I know of currently in the UK selling moisture chamber glasses of any kind) the other day, to ask for details of what they had.

They only stock 2 models of Wileys...and both of those, I was told, were more likely to fit the male face...curious, since at the last count the gender split in the UK was the same average 50/50 as the rest of the world...

Anyway, the good news is, the guy told me that a lot of dry eye patients had been using a new model by Adidas called climate control, designed for skiing mainly, but with interchangeable dark or clear lenses, removabel all round foam seal and also RX inserts. So theoretically, you could use the same pair of glasses for all your prescriptions - distance, reading, computer.

They are a little bit extreme in the sense of looking very sporty - but a huge improvement on the fit-overs I've been using which just are right out of a horror movie.

Hope this is of interest to someone else in the UK - or indeed Europe.

That's good info Eva.

I've recently been trying different Wiley-X's to get a good fit - using UK websites and returning those that didn't fit. The return postage isn't much and is the only cost. In the end, of those that I tried, Wiley-X brick and blink were best for me.

It would have been alot simpler to just have been able to try them on in a shop though

Comment

Originally posted by jlg_uk View Post
      That's good info Eva.

I've recently been trying different Wiley-X's to get a good fit - using UK websites and returning those that didn't fit. The return postage isn't much and is the only cost. In the end, of those that I tried, Wiley-X brick and blink were best for me.

It would have been alot simpler to just have been able to try them on in a shop though
      which websites have you found stock them?

also, do you need prescription lenses fitting into them...that's my problem - I need to find out if my local optometrist can fit rx lenses in or whether they have to go to Wiley for special equipment?

Comment

I've used both www.outofthecity.co.uk and www.sailgb.com - I'm not using prescription though.

Comment

thanks for those links, jlg. Yes, it is so much more complex for us here, not being able to go into a shop to try them on!!!

I went to Michel Guillon, here in London, yesterday - they only had 2 styles and I found both of them most uncomfortable as the rubber was very hard and really dug into my eye socket. Apparently they are styles more suited to the male face...so what about the other 50% of the population???

anyway, onward with the search...

Comment

Working...
          X