This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking the focus away from your eyes

The other day I was watching Tv and suddenly got a ringing in my left ear.......turns out I now have tinnitus. I had a bad cold/flu the other week and the doc prescribed me a nasal spray......which looks like has a tinnitus side-affect..........however, the point here is that with all that hassle it took me away from my eyes for a week and I must admit I never noticed the dryness.........I went without any eye drops for at least 3 days......un-heard of for me.

I wonder if it was the nasal spray, it is a steroid..........contains Beclometasone Dipropionate.

Finally, having endured dry eyes and tinnitus, I wouldn't like to make a decision as to whats the worst......probably tinnitus.

Ian.

Probably nothing to do with what you were posting about, but since I've had DES I've noticed I get a low pitching humming noise during the night, and also a higher pitched hiss noise.

It's not hugely major, and I've ruled out the noise from being within my house. Not saying they are related, but it never used to happen before DES.

Comment

Dry eye and tinnitis

I suffer from tinnitis too. Wonder if there's a connection between this and dry eye.

IanJ, I find that the brain learns to ignore the tinnitis after a while (at least it does in my case). Dry eye is definitely the worse of the two for me.

chris

Comment

tinnitis also

Hi Ian and Chris
        I have had tinnitis probably for ten years or longer,in my case the dry eyes are a lot worse! my ears ring all the time,but I can live with that ,it just makes hearing TV pretty hard ,but I can do without the TV!

I think that I would trade all of my hearing for a good set of eyes again!!!
        To me there is no comparison between the two.

Gary

Comment

I have a mild case of it in my left ear, I get sinus problems in my left side of my face and my rosacea flares up on my left side...and its my left eye only that hurts, though this pain was brought on by Lasik.

Bernadette

Comment

Originally posted by IanJ View Post
            The other day I was watching Tv and suddenly got a ringing in my left ear.......turns out I now have tinnitus. I had a bad cold/flu the other week and the doc prescribed me a nasal spray......which looks like has a tinnitus side-affect..........however, the point here is that with all that hassle it took me away from my eyes for a week and I must admit I never noticed the dryness.........I went without any eye drops for at least 3 days......un-heard of for me.

I wonder if it was the nasal spray, it is a steroid..........contains Beclometasone Dipropionate.

Finally, having endured dry eyes and tinnitus, I wouldn't like to make a decision as to whats the worst......probably tinnitus.

Ian.
            Hi Ian,

Im not suggesting this is what is happening in your case, but this is exactly what happens with me (see my past posts), my dry eye gets better when i have another health problem, for me i can notice the inflammation of my inner eyelids disappear when another health problem is occurring (it can be anything- flu, bad throat etc). Its definitely not my mind being taken off my eye problem beccuase my eyes are far worse than for example when i have thoat problem- i have no symptoms but its bunged up and i cant talk much- but if i dont talk im very comfortable in all aspects.

I went a whole year with no dry eye due to face pain a few years ago- i actually thought my eyes were resolved until i got rid of the face pain and my dry eye came back as bad as ever (and the inflammation).

Next time it happens take note of the difference in inflammation in your eyes and how your tear film looks- mine looks much thicker.
            I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

Originally posted by sazy123 View Post
              Hi Ian,

Im not suggesting this is what is happening in your case, but this is exactly what happens with me (see my past posts), my dry eye gets better when i have another health problem, for me i can notice the inflammation of my inner eyelids disappear when another health problem is occurring (it can be anything- flu, bad throat etc). Its definitely not my mind being taken off my eye problem beccuase my eyes are far worse than for example when i have thoat problem- i have no symptoms but its bunged up and i cant talk much- but if i dont talk im very comfortable in all aspects.

I went a whole year with no dry eye due to face pain a few years ago- i actually thought my eyes were resolved until i got rid of the face pain and my dry eye came back as bad as ever (and the inflammation).

Next time it happens take note of the difference in inflammation in your eyes and how your tear film looks- mine looks much thicker.

Sazy Hi.

Your last line about tear film can you explain to me please a bit more about it, like what are you looking for exactly,any info greatfully acceppted.

Rich.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich S. View Post
                Sazy Hi.

Your last line about tear film can you explain to me please a bit more about it, like what are you looking for exactly,any info greatfully acceppted.

Rich.
                Well ive noticed the difference in thickness of my tear film when my dry eye goes away due to another illness in my body.

eyes are bad= more watery appearance, eyes just look more ''bare'', less glossy appearence and more pooling at bottom of eyelid

eyes feel normal= more thick glossy appearance of tears on front of eye.

And as ive mentioned the inflammation of innereyelids (presumably conjunctivits), goes from looking red raw, to a nice pale pink colour.
                I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

The illness moves to nearby place.
                  So common things in chinese medicine. The source of illness is from some system inside the body, the dry eye just a appearance of such system malfunction.
                  For western medicine they say dry eye is immune system malfunction. Then the illness would affected by other disease in the body. Some may make it worse, some may reduce it a while. Also can be explained.

Comment

Working...
                  X