This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry eye study in the UK

Dont get to excited its just another Artificial tear, but one that apparently stays on eye longer and doesnt blur vision compared with two others.
    http://www.dryeyeni.com/node/add
    Ive tried others with the same claim and they still werent much better tbh, still required application every minute to be beneficial which isnt practical (azasite is the only thing that remains on the eye and helps symptoms long lasting that ive tried).

But it may be worth doing for the consultation and diagnosis which seems very thorough: http://www.dryeyeni.com/Diagnosis-of-Dry-Eye

Since they are dry eye researchers they may be able to help more than normal eye doctors. Not that theres much else they can probably give you...

And im guessing it would be free?
    I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

This study will take place in the Mater Hospital, Belfast and is one of 30 centres taking part throughout Europe.
    Belfast is further than I'd rather go - but maybe there's a participating hospital on the mainland?

If you suffer from sore, itchy, gritty and burning eyes, you may be intersested in participating in this study where you will have the opportunity to talk to and be assessed by a Dry Eye consultant ophthalmologist.
    Does sound interesting - they do an Impression cytology test as well.

I'd guess it would be at least free - many trials even pay don't they? then again, you do have to take unproven drops for a while...

Comment

I've emailled them - be interesting to see what they say. I agree it's likely you'd be evaluated by people that actually know something about DES which is appealing.

Comment

Hi

I wonder if it is the same one that I enquired about in summer last year. This is part of the reply:
        ....... The study involves 5 visits to Belfast over a 3 month period, the first visit will involve carrying out various eye tests to establish if you are suitable for the study. If so, you will be asked to use a 'run in' eye drop for 7 to 14 days, then you will be asked to come back for visit 2 where you will be given the test eye drop (this is a randomised blinded study, so you may or may not be on the test eye drop or another eye drop). The other 3 visits will take place 1 month apart. [/I]

Sadly, I found it difficult to fit in the first appointment with my work commitments. I believe the trials are conducted alongside Dry Eye Study Centre for Molecular Biosciences University of Ulster.

Comment

Originally posted by jlg_uk View Post
          I've emailled them - be interesting to see what they say. I agree it's likely you'd be evaluated by people that actually know something about DES which is appealing.
          Yeah thats what appealed to me, let me know what they say in their reply to you.

If they have a centre on the mainland, i may make a trip.

But tbh i doubt they can tell me any more than i already know or give me anything i havent tried.

It will probably be the usual diagnosis- ''yes you have some allergies, thin tear film, chronic allergic conjunctivitis'' give me some allergy eye drops and steroids then i tell them ''tried all that, did nothing, had 3 allergy tests and nothing!''.

I had Impression cytology done in spain when i went to try autogulous serum drops and that came back as fine.
          I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

Hi all,

I've emailed them to see what they say......not sure about travelling to Belfast from NE Scotland though. Once maybe, but 5 times......hmmmmmm!

Ian.

Comment

I E -mailed those people to try to enter the study, and did'nt get a reply
              I could easily travel to Belfast - maybe i should try again ,'though my eyes at that time were pretty good and i was reluctant to rock the boat
              Are they still recruiting?

Comment

Just got this:

Dear <name>,
                Many thanks for your interest in the Dry Eye study, unfortunately we have just finished recruiting patients at Christmas time. We would be happy to keep you updated with the outcome of this trial and let you know of any future dry eye research studies.

Many thanks,
                Dr V McGilligan.
                Yeah but you didn't even answer my questions! Ah well - I wouldn't have been up for going to Belfast 5 times anyway.

Comment

Odyssey Punctal Plugs vs. EagleVision Punctal Plugs

I have tried both types of Punctal Plugs from the different companies. In my opinion the Odyssey brand is far superior and stay in longer than the EagleVision brand.

Comment

Working...
                  X