This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tears evaporate...

It seems that there isn't anything wrong with my tear glands. No sticking together etc. I have temporary plugs but actually I do not notice much difference. Maybe my tears just evaporate from my eye surface? If that is the case shoud I bother doing hot compresses at all? And which eyedrops work the best for that condition? My eyes really hurt when I open them in the midde of night. They are ichy and dry after a nap during daytime too. What it refers to?
    We don't have doctors here specializing in dry eyes, they haven't even heard of treatments you are discussing here. No Restasis available for example....
    Thank you!

possibility of closer look?

Avee: Is there any possibility you can pin down your clinical picture a little more? I'm wondering whether you have had measurements done of your tear gland production, and whether a doctor has measured the time it takes for your tear film to break up. That said, I believe that your hunch about 'evaporation' is a strong one to follow, because complete wetting, and abnormal de-wetting, of the eye surface can accompany many different kinds of dry eye. It helps to know exactly what's not functioning well, but even if you don't have a way to pin this down, please check out the department here devoted to the work of Dr. Frank Holly. He has created an eyedrop product line that specifically addresses the problem of wetting. No other commercial product here in the West does that. The Shop here sells the non-prescription versions of these drops, but these are currently temporarily out of stock. If you decide that wetting may be a probability in your case, however, and want to try a Dr. Holly-type product, see if you can, for the moment, acquire Clinitas Ultra 3 from the UK. Some online pharmacies will ship this product internationally. Later, when Dwelle and Dakrina come back to Rebecca's Shop here, Rebecca will be able to guide you on whether these can be shipped to your location. Please keep us posted, and enjoy the tremendous amount of information you'll find in the Encyclopedia and Archives here.
    <Doggedly Determined>

Comment

Working...
    X