Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi im new, from ireland, severe DES after lasik, help.....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi im new, from ireland, severe DES after lasik, help.....

Hi,

I have only just discovered this site and i am so relieved that i am not the only one.

I am based in Ireland and had lasik done almost 2 years ago and have been left with severe dry eyes and am utterly bitter from it - i cannot put into words how i miss my old eyes - anyway have to get on with life and this site has 'opened my eyes' (!!)

firstly i am amazed at all the different drops/goggles/anti-biotics etc. I am on restasis and horrible drops

i know realise my opt. dr is rubbish (he is the 3rd ive seen) why could he not tell me about all the different drops, hot compress, goggles - I have also ordered -

dwelle, genteal eye gel, omega 3, goggles for night and cant wait to try them

Can anyone give me any tips/advise on any Irish doctors that seem to understand...

I just have so many questions to ask you all i dont know where to start

Welcome from another Irish woman

Welcome Evelyn to this site
    Sorry to hear of your eye problems - but you have found the right site for self-help and sharing stories and ways of improving your situation
    I too am from Ireland albeit the north
    I have not had Lasik thank God but i have had the problem of DES for over 2 years - mine started with an infection of the eyes
    Just to give you hope - after a year of hell and much research and experimenting i can now confidently say that i have my condition "under control"
    There is not much point in me telling you my story and what helped me'cos yours could be quite different and everyone finds their own methods of coping and types of eyedrops
    I would just encourage you to use this site and ask questions and never give up + experiment on until you find your solution - good luck
    Stella

Comment

Working...
    X