X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saw michel gullion today this is my diganosis

hi all

ive finally have a diganosis but i feel its bad news , michel says i have a very thin lipid layer so lack of oil and my tears evaporate really really really quickly he says but he also says i have inflammtion under my lid but i dont have blocked glands.

can someone help to me to why i have lack oil if my glands are working ok,how can you stop producing oil???

also how do you get rid of inflammtion,does that mean its an allergy???

i did ask him all this and he says theres many reasons for this but ive been thinking bout it all night and like well what do i do.

only thing i can do is wear goggles but i cant find any fit me as there all to big for me plus there all ugly so i dont know what to do and how to get comfort.

any help guys?

thank you

Kate -

What did Dr Guillon say to do? Didn't he give you a treatment course?

Gretchen

Comment

Originally posted by fed up kate View Post
      only thing i can do is wear goggles but i cant find any fit me as there all to big for me plus there all ugly so i dont know what to do and how to get comfort.
      I can't remember if you need prescription glasses or not? If not, have you tried Onion Goggles (handy around the house). Otherwise for small size, the Wiley-X AirRage fits a lot of women with small faces - that's one of the foam-lined sunglasses types - and there's the small size MEGs which are expensive but good.

Sorry you didn't have more news from this appointment but hopefully it's at least a first step. It's great that your glands aren't blocked, for one! And in time perhaps the source of the inflammation can be identified to help clear things up. Meantime, if eyewear helps, hopefully the right type can be found.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Hi Kate

Re: Gretchen's point - didn't he recommend any treatment regimen? Any short term goals?

As Rebecca said, this is the first step.

Comment

hiya

well hes meant to be e mailing me with a plan to follow but havent recieved anything yet as i had to go for me tests at a lab where they see how fast my tears evaporate in different conditions and they got worse with the enviroment which i knew that would be the case as they do in heat and wind etc.
          but he said to use cold compresses instead of hot said its worth getting sum allergy tests done which i was meant have done today but the guy cancelled grrrr.
          but i dont know to get rid of the inflammation???

does anyone know how to or what the cause could be as i thought inflammtion blocked your glands so im very very confused as to why my oils arent good.

i will have to hunt for the wiley x goggles then if there small as i bought a pair of panoptx and there to big im gutted im gona have to try and sell them to get money for another pair.

anyone have any more info on this please

thanks you guys already for replying

Comment

rebecca

i dont have perscription but i do have onion goggles and there still to big i do have a really petite face .
            are the goggles you recommended just sunglasses or can you get clear lens as well

thanks

Comment

Wileys are sunglasses but you can get them with light-adjusting lenses that go clear inside. Costly, around $135ish I think.

Sorry to hear about the Panoptx. Which framestyle did you get? - Also, if you got them from me and they didn't fit, email me at service@dryeyeshop.com and I can probably take them back. Unfortunately Panoptx no longer make their very small frame (the Viento). You might want to just call them (get the # from 7eye.com) - who knows, maybe they have a return or two of Vientos sitting around. That's the smallest frame I know and after that the AirRage is the next best for fitting small faces. Also try a local sports optical shop if you can just in case they have some lesser-known brand to try.
              Rebecca Petris
              The Dry Eye Foundation
              dryeyefoundation.org
              800-484-0244

Comment

I have known Dr. Michel Guillon for over 20 years. He is a tear expert and even invented one of the first clinical instruments that enables practitioners to better view the tear film. Did he recommend the use of Omega 3 fatty acids as a way to have the meibomian glands produce more oils and help reduce inflammation??

Comment

Dr Brian

I appreciate your interest in my post.
                  to be honest im still waiting for an e mail from Michel regarding an action plan as like you said i did have further tests done where he investigated the evaportaion of my tears in more detail.
                  i already take fish oil but i take it in liquid form as i have trouble taking the capsules so im not sure if im taking enough and dont know how to find out how much you need.
                  he just said cold compresses rather than hot which i already do so im hoping his e mail will have more options for me as im still unsure on what i need to do or how to reduce the inflammation and help the oil situation.

are you able to advice me of any of these

thank you

Comment

Originally posted by DrBrian View Post
                    I have known Dr. Michel Guillon for over 20 years. He is a tear expert and even invented one of the first clinical instruments that enables practitioners to better view the tear film. Did he recommend the use of Omega 3 fatty acids as a way to have the meibomian glands produce more oils and help reduce inflammation??

I saw him 3 times..and found him utterly useless. I also did the pathetic tear evaportation.zzzzzzzz tests.

Comment

hi all

ive finally have a diganosis but i feel its bad news , michel says i have a very thin lipid layer so lack of oil and my tears evaporate really really really quickly he says but he also says i have inflammtion under my lid but i dont have blocked glands.

can someone help to me to why i have lack oil if my glands are working ok,how can you stop producing oil???

also how do you get rid of inflammtion,does that mean its an allergy???

i did ask him all this and he says theres many reasons for this but ive been thinking bout it all night and like well what do i do.

any help guys?

thank you

I would imagine that you have a bacterial problem...around the eyelashes.. which produces a destructive acid..which destroys the oil from ur meibomian glands..

i would recommend sterilid for one month.

if your glands are not blocked... then it is an inflammation problem

which suggests bacterial

i can talk as much craap as guillon and the rest of them... but i wont charge you.

seriously .. if your glands are not blocked.. there must be something disturbing the tear quality

try sterilid for a couple of months

Comment

rory

thanks for your input and i understand the frustration of not finding anyone that knows anything about dry eye but i know everyone has a different opinion on them but i did find Michel helpful but thats because no one out of the million doctors ive seen could even explain what i have and he did so know im like ah right thats what i have but i do know what you mean.
                        i feel like my diet is probably to blame as it is poor so im changing that as am i right in saying that it could be a problem with your body,if you get what i mean.

i use suprenette wipes are they the same as what you mentioned??

but intersting as i havent thought about a bacterial problem

Comment

rory

thanks for your input and i understand the frustration of not finding anyone that knows anything about dry eye but i know everyone has a different opinion on them but i did find Michel helpful but thats because no one out of the million doctors ive seen could even explain what i have and he did so know im like ah right thats what i have but i do know what you mean.
                          i feel like my diet is probably to blame as it is poor so im changing that as am i right in saying that it could be a problem with your body,if you get what i mean.

i use suprenette wipes are they the same as what you mentioned??

but intersting as i havent thought about a bacterial problem

I am not sure that he did.

He simpy gave an opinion.

He also gave me an opinion ....and i cant even remember what it was now... certainly his prescription did nothing for me.

I just dont believe in him.

I think that bacterial infection of eyelashes is very common and disrupts tearfilm?

I know that sterilid reduces inflammation considerably.

Think u can get it in many places in the uk..

Dont know where u live.. i get it from The Eye Academy Windsor..

but its available in many places.

Comment

Working...
                          X