PLEASE participate in this survey!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASE participate in this survey!

(I'm deliberately posting this in two different locations to maximize visibility... sorry for the redundancy.)

I want to urge everyone to participate in this survey if you can possibly spare the time. It is taking place only for a VERY LIMITED TIME, today through November 20th.

Here's a direct link to the survey.

Here's a link to the DEZ page with the survey.

While this survey is being conducted by BFS, it does not relate only to current/past/potential BFS patients but the entire dry eye community. Your participation will help define innovative new services that can help people like us!

Thank you in advance!
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Done. I think its great how committed to patients BFS is.

Comment

Hi Rebecca,

I just completed the Boston Foundation for Sight's survey and look forward to participate in a future social network/support system that they might create.

Pam

Comment

Thank You Rebecca.Was happy to do the survey!!

Comment

Done!

Comment

(Sorry for the duplicate post but since I did a duplicate thread naturally there were replies in both places...)

Thank you sooooo much, everyone. And Mary, high-five for being quickest on the draw!

BFS were astonished at the terrific response they have gotten even in this short time, and I haven't even sent out my bulletin yet. I know it was not the quickest/easiest questionnaire so I really appreciate the time you-all have put into it. I don't know any other organization as driven and equipped to be a help to people like us so I am looking forward to seeing the results and where it leads them.
            Rebecca Petris
            The Dry Eye Foundation
            dryeyefoundation.org
            800-484-0244

Comment

Just completed the survey and read about the Boston Foundation-- all my admiration and appreciation goes to their efforts.

I hope they are on to something as miraculous as their scleral lense invention!

Comment

Done.
                Anything that can help further the quest for better care/treatment/research/results is a good thing for us all.

Comment

I clicked on the direct link, & message displayed that the survey is now closed.

BTW, If there were a way to contact Neil Brooks, I'd convey to him this message:

While I agree 1000% re: banning BAK and other poisons like it, an even more urgent priority is to ban LCDs & LEDs in favor of any OLEDs which would allow you to both darken background pixels, as well as decrease the pixel resolution (so that fewer pixels are lit up,similar to 300 dpi/printout VS 600 dpi/printout. If you read "Invisible Disease" by Nordstrom you'll see how many eyes were irreversibly terribly damaged, including detached retinas of a programmer from the Netherlands, due to jobs involving heavy exposure to computers.

I'd been galvanized to create a site long long ago regarding this. Several posters on my site's forum gained the most relief by setting up projectors in their homes. But I'm not equipped for this, so I don't have such a setup.

I think the BEST publicity which would prevent the worst injuries to eyes, would be if someone would sponsor a catchy jingle I composed, and air it as BUMPER MUSIC on new age type of shows like Coast to Coast.

I have this jingle on file on my computer, in amateur version (no instrumental, just vocal):
                  Electromagneticriminallergy jingle:

Computers and mice make us ill
                  Epoxies outgas like to kill
                  Strong phosphors so silent
                  They seem quite non-violent
                  Yet prove worse than some poisoned pill!

Refrain:
                  Electromagnetics are BURNING issues, STEALTHILY BURNING bodywide tissues...
                  Chemicals, phosphors are CHURNING issues, STEADILY CHURNING sensitive tissues
                  (such as retina, eye film, muscles as per Dr.Ott's research long ago, stirring up parasites/infection bodywide)

Carpal Tunnel are words that distract
                  Ergonomics detract from the fact
                  That epoxy and phosphor
                  emissions are dire
                  Just when will they clean up their act?

(above can be sung to the tune of Popeye or other)

P.S. Naturally, I don't mean that Carpal & Ergonomics aren't issues as well. Merely that they distract from the primary issues. But go fit that addendum into a jingle! It's a tough call.
                  Last edited by Minni; 03-Mar-2010, 16:58.
                  CHEERIO! HELIO! Dry Eye Minni

sigpic

Comment

As stated in my post, the survey was for a short time last November.

If you want to contact a user, please use the private message system to do so (or email if their settings permit). You can also see through the member listings when a member last visited. If it hasn't been for awhile, chances are they will not see posts addressed to them.
                    Rebecca Petris
                    The Dry Eye Foundation
                    dryeyefoundation.org
                    800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
                    X