2010- the year of LASIK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010- the year of LASIK

I saw the ophthalmologist Eurotimes magazine which proclaims that 2010 is the year of LASIK and celebrates 20 years of LASIK. The magazine is full of articles praising the procedure as one of the safest most advanced eye treatments; and never even hints at possible side effects!

Also, it claims that there are around 4 million LASIK operations done annually; i cannot even start to imagine the profits generated from sucha huge number.

After reading what the members of this forum have to say about LASIK, i was expecting that there will be at least a little mention in some minute letters somewhere in this magazine about potential side effects. But looks like doctors are completely ignoring that side of LASIK.

Whatever happened to the Hippocrates oath....

It's ridiculous that they don't mention the possibility of adverse effects... just ridiculous...

Comment

And my relatives keep asking me all the time why I'm not doing Lasik to treat my eye problems... Sometimes I really wonder if my parents/brothers/sisters/friends care about me or listen to what I say when I try to explain my problem...
      Hey, nobody said life would be easy right? Please mum, next time you give birth to me, spend more time on the conception of my eyes, okay?

Comment

Working...
      X