No announcement yet.

advances in understanding of dry eye disease during the last decade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow! That's great news Irish Eyes! How many times per day are you using the serum drops?

I would sure love it if they help me... I'll take any improvement I can get - it all adds up, right?

Comment

Saag

It's not really helpful to say I used them `several' times a day but that's what it felt like initially. My eyes had become so troublesome that I was awake half the night - so this meant I was able to treat my eyes over a full 24 hour period.

My first batch came in bottles of 3 ml but I wasn't using all of it; as you will know you must dispose of it after 24 hours so some of it was being wasted.

My second batch is in bottles of 2 ml - which means I get more bottles of it and I don't waste as much. I probably use it around 6 times a day; some days a bit less and other days a bit more. Days that I am at work are a bit hit-and-miss but I manage.

The drops are gloopy so I have to ensure my lids are kept clear of residue because this causes the lashes to get inflamed. My (anterior) blepharitis seems a bit more troublesome since I started using the drops but this may be a coincidence. I just have to try that bit harder with that.

It could be that the improvement has reached a plateau (for me anyway) and there may be minimal improvement from now on. As you rightly say, any improvement adds up.

You MUST take care of your general health so that your blood is OK. I'm not anaemic now but I had a very low count for many years. I'm of slim build so they take all these things into account when assessing how much blood you should `donate'.

Comment

They cant get there act together about signs and symtpoms of dry eye. Its been documented that this was the case years ago.. i remember reading it.

I had a osmolity test and that confirmed more or less what i thought, moderate to severe dry eye (how they feel).

And the tear break up test 5 seconds.. which suggests MGD (or evaporative dry eye). Thats pretty conclusive with most people who have MGD.. So what is there problem?? jeez!

Its only when you get dianosed wrong and they just look at the surface and do a schimmer that the signs dont match.. because theres plenty of water so the appearance is not dry..
        I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

Here's a Newsweek article, published in the May 31, 2010 issue regarding medical science and drug development:

http://www.newsweek.com/id/238078

It lists possible explanations as to why it takes so long to develop treatments to fight disease. A bit insightful, I think.

Comment

Working...
          X