clonazepam (sleeping/anti-anxiety pill) finally drying my eyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please don't laugh at me, but I have another suggestion:
    how about doing some power sports? Sport is my cure-all against depressed mood - after doing sport, I'm always happy at least for the next few hours.
    And it is a sleeping aid, too. I can sleep like a baby, when I've done power sport.
    I like Badminton, jogging, step aerobic, inline skating, walking, climbing or hiking. All with the same effect: perfect mood, perfect sleep.
    And during the sport I don't feel my dry eyes. I don't know why, but they don't hurt when I'm sportly in action.
    Please don't hesitate to correct my English - I'm still learning

Comment

Clonazepam

Ringo -

I take clonazepam for sleep but I cut the pill in half. This cuts down on the dryness (a 1mg. tablet). I cannot tolerate lack of sleep. I get really depressed and irritable. I also take a very low dose of Celexa (antidepressant) which does help with pain. I understand completely how you feel. I also can't work and I can't remember when the last day was that I had no eye discomfort or pain. I forget what it's like to have "normal" eyes. Just remember - you're not alone. Anyway, you might want to try doing this. You need your sleep!!!

Bennys

Comment

I don't think we (collectively) know how lucky we are to have DryEyeZone and Rebecca to keep things up and running. This website costs us nothing. We have the opportunity to order (or not) from the Dry Eye Shop and at least try the latest in dry eye gear. It may (or may not help) but we get to try it if we want.

I've known Rebecca for 10 long years of dry eye "friendship" meeting on another similar website. I can say for certain that Rebecca puts in time and more time keeping this website going that she could ever be paid for with the simple things for sale at the Dry Eye Shop. There has to be meager earnings on the things she sells and this is not advertised widely. Many of these things can be bought elsewhere and it's basically a convenience for all of the dry eyed folks who read the board.

We have people reading this board from all over the world. I see Rebecca often answer a post personally with a long bit of instructions for someone who lives across the globe. I'm writing this because seldom, if ever, does anyone really speak up and say how much is put into this website. How would some of us get along without it? I could because I've been at this so long. I'm still here because I enjoy reading good results and like to help newbies if I can. I also order from the shop when ever I need anything.

So, thanks, Rebecca for all you put into "our" dry eye spot in space! Lucy
        Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Ringo
          Just 2 things Dani - You mention some success with unpreserved methylprednisone and the fact that it seems to be unavailable
          Here in UK we can get single units of prednisolone (Is that the same thing?)
          I have in my hand a British National Formulary produced by the Royal pharmaceutical Society of GB - It is an old one .This publication comes out every 3 months and contains every possible drug available to Doctors in GB

Minims prednisolone sodium phosphate 0.5% eye drops -single use vials is listed

secondly Have you ever considered a "liquid bandage "
          There is quite a lot of descussion somewhere on this site about certain permiable contact lenses (I cant remember the name as i dont wear contacts )
          Some people have had good results with them

Lastly what about scleral lenses ? I know for definate one person who found his solution with Boston scleral lenses -If you look up Reggie in the membership He has ceased to post since he considers he has found his solution with those
          Last edited by stella; 12-Apr-2010, 15:04.

Comment

Thank you all for your support and suggestions, I am sorry for my late reply,I have not been on the forum for a while, I have been through different medical problems and am scheduled for an operation this coming Sunday, so my dry eye problems have to take a back seat for a while.

I am so scared of the anaesthesia and what it will do to my eyes as well.

Dear Rebecca, I will check the glasses you suggested as soon as Iam through with my current ordeals.

Dear Stella,
            I did not know that unpreserved methylprednisolone is available in the UK. It is not available here, as doctors were considering putting me on that for a couple of weeks at the start of the horrendous desert summer here.

Unfortunately doctors say scleral lenses would not work for me, they cite a few reasons , I would not go into them, unless someone is interested. Bu it seems like sclerals are not an option for me.

I have replied to Bennys and Stella's PMs. Thank you for all your kindness adn valuable suggestions.

Right now I am so scared that I can't sleep, clonazepam or not, and I worry a lot about the anaesthesia problems. Operation will last for about an hour and a half.

Does anyone know what are the effects of this duration of anaesthesia on dry eyes? Is there any lasting damage? Or eyes return to their "routine" state aferwards?

Thank you again,
            Dani

Comment

good luck Ringo.. I dont know about it drying the eyes-just rest afterward and know it will be ok. I too cannot wear sclerals-i tried them on at my doc's suggestion a few years back and my ocular rosacea makes my inner eyelids so sore I couldn't stand them. I hated them..
              I too have been battling major MGD, allergies and of course Sjogrens.. Haven't been working for about 5weeks now and not sure if i can go back ...

good luck with your surgery.. well wishes to you. i will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and esp that your eyes are not too affected...
              jen
              Jenny

Comment

Hello

How much do you take - I have been on klonopin at noght for 4 yrs - Every since I had a breakdown on vacation - I try to take .5mg before bed

Comment

My husband has had restless leg syndrome since before I think it had a name. Well, about 20 years ago, the GP prescribed one Klonopin before bed and it works wonders. It does not make him sleep as he falls asleep in his chair all the time. What it does is stop the legs from jerking and keeping me awake. It has not had any side effects on him. Lucy
                  Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Working...
                  X