Pinquicula

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinquicula

Hello! This is my first post and I'm eager for some help from others. Here is my story:

I have a pinquicula in both eyes, a bigger one in the right eye. My vision is great, no problems there. I've been on the course of Alrex Steroid drops for about 3 weeks for an irritiation, red burning pinquicula. My eye doctor attributes this to the fact that I have Dry Eye, and not having enough lubrication irritates the pinquicula, thus making it red and inflammed.

This is the 3rd time in probably the last 5 years I've dealt with this, but while the other times the steroid drops worked within one or two doses, I've been having to use them for about 3 weeks with the pinquicula remaining inflamed - some days better, some days worse. I'm so frustrated.

I'm using preservative free drops, wind blocking glasses, plenty of H20 and Omegas, and ointment at night, plus the Steroid Drops. I'm becoming so frustrated and depressed because my eye remains red in that spot, and feels irritated. I have another appt with my eye doctor for 2 weeks from now, as I just saw him again and he wants me to continue with the steroids a while longer. He assures me it will not affect my vision, my vision has tested perfect each visit, but says he understands it is annoying.

I do not wear contacts/glasses.

Any advice would be so greatly appreciated. Thanks and best wishes,

Nanerpus
Working...
X