Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

reasons why dry eye isn't taking seriously?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cristian, I am in extreme pain for every waking second and I've yet to find a way to alleviate it. Even if you've had it different these people really do exist. Because of this many of my daily tasks are very limited or have become extremely disagreeable to do. Like many others I've visited many eye professionals who seemed like they were scorning me and wanted to get rid of me.

It's almost as if you're implying that people like us seem to like writhing because it gives us a pretext to be considered a victim. The last thing I want from people is their pity, and I certainly don't want to wallow in it. But if I have no reason or strenght to be positive then I don't want to fool myself that I'm not. People who rejoice too quickly get burned, so optimism needs to stand on firm ground. Many sufferers are forced to think about the pain of their eyes for every waking second, so they have no mean to change their mind or to feel that one day it'll all be different.

You seem to be a believer in pop positivity. Not everything can be cured or helped by pure strenght of will. People with tricky dry eye have reasons to be concerned about their future since it's so difficult to diagnose and treat properly, and problem cases can last for years and years. At its root the problem is purely physical. However I feel will make no difference at all in how it ultimately unfolds. The only thing that matters is actions. And when it comes to attitude like others I prefer to use caution, and not force myself to be in any state of mind.

In fact in my job my biggest asset is doubt. Doubt that something in particular will work allright, so as to always seek better/more attuned solutions.

And to me, along with many other from this site I'm sure, this thread and others like it are important, because most eye professionals really do not take us seriously, sometimes even making us feel bad for thinking there's a problem in the first place, or for trying unorthodox solutions. Thanks to this site I know I don't have to beat myself up for not taking a professional criticism's seriously, since he's the one who was clueless in the first place. L'habit ne fait pas le moine. I simply have to find a good one. Ironically it gives me a bit of the willpower that you believe in so much.
    Last edited by Roderick; 27-Jun-2010, 20:42.

Comment

Working...
    X