Treatments you use for "flare ups"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treatments you use for "flare ups"

Hello all! I am new and trying to figure out how to live with severe dry eyes. I had Lasik about 6 weeks ago and have somewhat managed to deal with it everyday (by staying home mostly and just having small outings), but I had to go to an out of town social event all weekend and of course now my eyes are on fire. I spent all of last night tossing and turning trying to keep an ice compress situated on my eyes to ease the burning. I hear a lot of your stories about how you've healed enough that now it's just an occassional "flare up" or "irritant". How do you deal with your flare ups?

Thank you so much in advance for your time on this site. I visit daily at this point for direction and hope!

M

Finding good doc for advice about regime

Just wanted to make sure that you had seen Rebecca's post:

I had an appointment this morning with an optometrist just 5 minutes from home (oh joy!). Wish I'd discovered him sooner.

Dr. Joseph Trull at Pacific EyeCare is a very personable, intelligent, empathetic doctor with... dry eye. I have met a few people on staff who are struggling with dry eye as well including the office manager. Dr. Trull is fully meibomian gland literate and I sense that he would really go to bat for his patients.
    Why is your LASIK business not looking after you better? Have they even assessed what's happening and made recommendations about managing the dry eye? I am thinking someone needs to check if you have inflammation - can you go while you are having a flare up?

I know what three little children at home is like: hope you get healing soon.
    Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

I just noticed this thread and decided to move it to the patients open forum (rather than pro open forum) so more people will see it.

I think cold saline rinses (Unisol 4) in addition to the icing may be helpful during those burning/on fire times.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Somehow I missed your replies until today. Thanks for the input. I am seeing a great dry eye Dr. already who is speaking with me nearly daily about my issues but only so much can be done on the prescription front. So I was hoping to hear about some home remedies. I was managing fairly well but then I could feel my eyes getting out of control and had nothing in my arsenal to fix it before it totally became a raging fire! I did use some cold compresses, but maybe not soon enough... I will try the Unisol for sure and keep it in the fridge for the added "cooled" benefit!

Margaret

Comment

Working...
        X