and now... Keratitis punctata!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• and now... Keratitis punctata!

As the itching and burning feeling on my eyes got worse a few days ago I went to the emergency room where I was told I had keratitis punctata.

Is this a temporary condition? I'd like to know if any of you has received treatment for it.

I think I have had a fairly mild form---the more common term here in USA is "punctate keratitis" and I read about it here.

I remember reading that terminology in my doctor's notes, and he made a sketch of my ocular surface with little "dots" all over.

The treatment depends on the cause (reading the article from the link above). I had this from over-wearing soft contact lenses, and from a chemical "burn" when I did some wood finishing using a high-solvent varnish.

Anything that affects the cornea is terribly painful---I hope you can get some treatment and feel better soon.

C

Comment

Originally posted by Ariel View Post
      As the itching and burning feeling on my eyes got worse a few days ago I went to the emergency room where I was told I had keratitis punctata.

Is this a temporary condition? I'd like to know if any of you has received treatment for it.
      hi there i get marginal kerotitis which is pretty much the same, i have blepharitis both types, and its the left eye i had kerotitis in for over a year the minute i stop the drops, it comes back its not come back for a 3 months but past few days i feel it creeping back cause i can not keep the lip inflammation down, anyone has bleph is prone to getting flare ups as they call it

Comment

Working...
      X