Dr. Azman in MD-- any luck??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Azman in MD-- any luck??

Appreciate any experiences you have with Dr. Azman and his Dry Eye Clinic in MD.. Would also like any thoughts on his tear lab...supposedly one of a few in the country, but which not all the tests are covered by insurance. Does anyone know why? Even if its not covered by insurance, we might be willing to try it if it helped.. PLEASE send opinions!!

I am aware of Dr. Azman he is recommended by many and his Dry Eye Clinic has many patients referred to them. I am also aware of the following in that area:
    Michael Bermel, OD 4 offices in the area
    Harry Huang, MD
    Sherri Rowan, MD

I know all of these have a substantial knowledge of ocular surface issues and considerable patient bases that contribute to experience in dealing with the multiple facets of this disease.

Comment

Dr. Azman

After seeing the posts about Dr. Azman and seeing he is in Maryland, I called and have an appointment for Monday
      He personally called me today to go over my symptoms and regimen and we talked for 15 minutes ( I was impressed).
      He did inform me that he doesn't participate with my health care plan and that I will have to pay out of pocket for the consult which is quite expensive.
      He said the consult will probably take up to 2 hours as he will do quite a few tests and be able to go over the results in the same visit.
      So I'll let you know how it goes.

Comment

Dr. Azman Consultation

I had my consult with Dr. Azman on Monday and really liked him. He spent about 2 hours with me total and did quite a few tests. He did the tear staining and a Topography of my eyes without drops and with drops.
        He said I definately have MGD and Blepharitis, my glands are totally blocked and this is how he wants to start to treat it:

During my daily shower (make sure I take a hot long shower) at the end I am to do an MGD lid cleanser that he provided, squeeze my lower eyelids and then do it again.

After the shower I am to put one drop of Azasite on my finger tip and rub it on my eyelashes and lids. I will be on this for 2 months.

Take 4 1300mg Omega 3 Fish oil (2 morning/2evening)

Before Bed use the Sterlid foam on my eye lids. No more lid scrubs!

I take restasis but he wants to me to wean myself off of it as I have good tear production and that is what restasis is supposed to improve. So he suggested I go a week using twice daily, one week once daily and then try to stop and see how I feel.

He also doesn't want me doing any warm or cold compresses. I'll miss the warm compresses....they were a security blanket for me.

He said eventually I will probably need to have both lower and upper plugs as my tear ducts are very large.
        And I may need to go on Doxy but he wants to wait and see how I respond to the regimen he set up for me.

I had done 2 IPL sessions at a local dermatologist office (giving them Dr. Toyos website and asking them to research his IPL technique and they agreed to do it). He said to hold up on these until we unclog my glands that they arent doing much good now. But it would be a good thing when we get my glands at a better place. As he put it "To a lower oil melting point".

He also asked me to try not to use my preservative free eye drops, only my "Nature's Tear" Eye Mist which I love.

My biggest complaint is red eyes, constant tired feeling eyes, the feeling of dryness and sometimes burning and extreme sensitivity to light. He said I should feel some improvement in a week or two if I follow his regimen.

I took my doctors notes from one of my other eye doctors and he is sending for my records from the other Dry Eye Doctor I saw. He said he will call me next week to see how I'm doing and said I could call him anytime. And I am to see him in six weeks.
        He really did pay attention to everything I told him and was truly excited at helping me.
        The one problem is he doesn't take my insurance so I had to pay the consult out of pocket and it was expensive, but I don't care if it helps.

Comment

Working...
        X